Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

will you please recommend me any brand whose nude lipstick is best? i have been looking for one for some days but i am not successful :(

You are going for kind of a more sparkling pinkish nude? Not pink...but more flesh than taupe? I like Smashbox photo finish colors!

The best lipstick formula Ive used is from Bare Escentuals. Very creamy and not waxy. Doesnt feel like lipstick. Or smell like one. Doesnt dry out the lips either. The maybelline line has many shades of nude, inexpensive and are easy to find.

if you're gonna try maybelline, they have a colorsensational line that has a pretty good selection of colors without sparkle, shimmer. they also have moisture extreme lipsticks that feel like you're wearing lip balm.

i've also heard good things about revlon's colorburst lipsticks in blush, and soft nude. good luck =D

Edited by indayden_den

I actually bought colorsensational the other day in "Nearly There" but it's way to shimmery/frosty for my taste. :boohoo:

Too bad b/c the color is great.

I heard using foundation, just a little bit on your lips and some gloss or lip balm does the trick and its CHEAP. lol If you dont want to do that, here are some that I recommend Revlon ColorBurst Lipstick in Soft Nude, another one if you want something matte or not shiny, Revlon Matte Lipstick in Nude Attitude. Some pricey ones are from Mac, in Cherish, Vanity's Child and Creme D' Nude. Some very cheap ones you can try out also is NYX in Echo, Honey and Circe. :D

I hear the term nude be used in two ways, one is kind of as if you put foundation on your lips that is skin colored, and the other way is as if your lips were nude that is lipstick that looks like it could be your lipcolor but better. So which one is it?

Personally, for the "nudest" I like pairing MAC's Myth lipstick(I love their lipsticks) with different lipglosses, that way you can "morph" it into what you want.

I just remembered that L'oreal color riche has a color called nude. I have that one andI like it. They also have one called fairest nude or fairly nude or something like that.

I hear the term nude be used in two ways, one is kind of as if you put foundation on your lips that is skin colored, and the other way is as if your lips were nude that is lipstick that looks like it could be your lipcolor but better. So which one is it?

I think of it as MLBB (my lips but better) rather than skin color.

Isn't the nude lip out? It really doesn't look good on many people. Most need some color.

It won't be out as long as medium to heavy eye makeup is in. A regular person cannot pair heavy eye makeup with non-nude lip color without looking like either a clown, a drag queen, a "lady" of the night, or a kid playing with mommy's makeup.

Thanks for the tip! I just added the sample size of that to my cart (was planning on getting some other stuff from there anyway). I never thought of looking at Paula's Choice for that since the foundation there is way too dark for me and I figured the other things would be as well.

Thanks for the tip! I just added the sample size of that to my cart (was planning on getting some other stuff from there anyway). I never thought of looking at Paula's Choice for that since the foundation there is way too dark for me and I figured the other things would be as well.

I've never tried her foundation, but her lipsticks have always been very nice for me.

It won't be out as long as medium to heavy eye makeup is in. A regular person cannot pair heavy eye makeup with non-nude lip color without looking like either a clown, a drag queen, a "lady" of the night, or a kid playing with mommy's makeup.

haha. i lean more towards the pinky nude. did you like any of the lipsticks you tried out? someone here mentioned nyx .. i've tried some of their round lipsticks. the formula could be more moisturizing, but it also isn't super drying. what i like most about them is that they are pigmented, and also have a wide range of colors.