Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
David-

Pepsi & Milk...

I have noticed that when i am sick i dont drink pepsi and then my face is ALOT clearer but soon as i get better and drink pepsi i get more break outs. i was on anti biotics (keflex 500mg its not meant for acne tho) when it went clear so i want to know if it was the pepsi OR was it the anti biotics that cleared me up?

and another thing. does milk make acne worse? im currently cut it out of my diet, been 2-3 days and notice no improvement yet

Edited by David-

thanks for replying

Will be going to doctors to get some anti biotics to help fight against acne. i plan on cutting milk and pepsi out and eat some healthy food for a change to see if this makes a difference. how do i know if i just got hormonal acne... will it go after puberty if i do got it?

Edited by David-

You sound like me a year + ago.

1. don't go on antibiotics

2. stop drinking pop, it doesn't even taste good. Try drinking something else (like green smoothies made from fresh veggies). Also just drink a lot of water. The weird thing is, if you drink green smoothies with no sugar added for long enough (well in my case I haven't been eating anything that tastes sugary), they start to taste good. I also found myself enjoying unsweetened chocolate which I practically got sick after eating yesterday.

3. Milk might be a cause but I would start with one thing at a time, especially if you eat a lot of dairy. Of course, don't replace the pepsi with milk though

in a study of nearly 50,000 people those who drank three or more cups of milk a day in high school were 22 percent more likely to have severe acne compared with those who drank one serving a week or less. skim milk was the worst. it's not the fat, but the hormones in the milk.

i went to doctors and he put me on doxy 50 mg 1 tablet per day. i stopped the milk. for pepsi i have to slowly stop if not ill get caffeine withdrawal.. :(

i went to doctors and he put me on doxy 50 mg 1 tablet per day. i stopped the milk. for pepsi i have to slowly stop if not ill get caffeine withdrawal.. :(

Nooooo, stop the Pepsi right away.... drink green tea to help with the withdrawl, it has small amounts of caffiene in it.

Drinking sodas will worsen acne because they dehydrate you.

Because you were sick and probably drank a lot of fluids like water and juice, your skin cleared up because you were hydrated. Drinking sodas won't be a primary cause, but it is something that can worsen the situation. When you're dehydrated, your skin will dry out.

I rarely ever drink soda, but whenever I do (and seriously, this is like maybe once a year) I get a cyst fairly quickly afterwards. And while dairy can be a serious problem for many people, I actually don't have a problem with it. There has been an overwhelming number of success stories here at acne.org from people who cut out dairy from their diet, but for me it really makes no difference. I went off dairy for a solid 6 months and saw absolutely no improvement. I was breaking out just as badly as when I was eating dairy daily. So really, I think it's an individual thing. Hopefully cutting dairy will work for you-- it's pretty easy to avoid and not necessary to the human diet. But if it doesn't work, don't feel cheated-- you're not alone. Maybe something else in your diet is triggering your acne. It's all about experimenting with elimination to figure out what affects you and what doesn't-- and that varies between people.

Edited by smashley007

yeah i think ts1318 is right about the pepsi...

anyone know what is a good moisturizer to use that's not gonna make my skin feel or look oily? just want it not to oily but not dry either.

been doing daily pictures and a log of what i been eating and drinking and then checking to see whats triggering it bad and to see if doxy is working.

thanks for the help guys!

Edited by David-

ugh pop is absolutely horrible for you, and it tastes disgusting.

Yes, it definitely contributes to acne, and on top of that, it can wear away at the enamel of your teeth due to the acidity of it, and it'll turn your teeth dark yellow.

Just STOP THE SODA. If you need extra energy, try bananas. Try fruit. TRY SOMETHING GOOD FOR YOURSELF! Green tea is excellent, as well as many variations of black tea. You won't like it at first, as you will probably find it too bitter. But keep drinking it. Don't add sugar or anything to it, not even artificial sweeteners.

Just stop drinking that pop crap. It's awful awful awful and I am honestly surprised so many people depend on that garbage.

ugh pop is absolutely horrible for you, and it tastes disgusting.

Yes, it definitely contributes to acne, and on top of that, it can wear away at the enamel of your teeth due to the acidity of it, and it'll turn your teeth dark yellow.

it has already done some damage, thats why i have to quit if not for acne then for my teeth.. already stopped pepsi now. so no more damage can be done

Just STOP THE SODA. If you need extra energy, try bananas. Try fruit. TRY SOMETHING GOOD FOR YOURSELF! Green tea is excellent, as well as many variations of black tea. You won't like it at first, as you will probably find it too bitter. But keep drinking it. Don't add sugar or anything to it, not even artificial sweeteners.

Just stop drinking that pop crap. It's awful awful awful and I am honestly surprised so many people depend on that garbage.

dont know about awful but in australia pepsi is nice and addictive. i used to drink 2L every day i was that addicted to it. hardcore caffeine addict lol

I don't understand the thing with pop. When I was like 9 I had to stop drinking it because the carbonation tasted like acid on my tongue and gave me stomach aches. I've actually tried it again trying to see and understand what people like about it only to throw out the can. I've never felt the caffeine addiction so I guess I can't help you there. I'm sure it can't be that hard though.

I wonder though if organic milk would bother some people that have given it up. That would suck if they really liked milk and didn't know they could just drink organic so it wouldn't bother their acne. The massive protein load alone in milk is maybe the cause of some acne, though

I don't understand the thing with pop. When I was like 9 I had to stop drinking it because the carbonation tasted like acid on my tongue and gave me stomach aches. I've actually tried it again trying to see and understand what people like about it only to throw out the can. I've never felt the caffeine addiction so I guess I can't help you there. I'm sure it can't be that hard though.

Well, pop is for some people, others it is not. I started drinking pop early when I was young, and I lived my lifestyle having it as I grew up, so now it is hard to stop the habit. (But I am). It's not just necessarily the caffeine that makes it addicting. There are many sorts of pop that comes without it. It is the flavor, and the carbonation. Yes, the caffeine brings a nice pick-me-up, but I just know those were my reasons to drink it. Carbonation the huge contributor because that's what makes the pop retain it's flavor. Flat pop is nasty.

I wonder though if organic milk would bother some people that have given it up. That would suck if they really liked milk and didn't know they could just drink organic so it wouldn't bother their acne. The massive protein load alone in milk is maybe the cause of some acne, though

Well it's just like some posters on here who choose to give it up/can't have it based on dairy because it makes them break out. They like milk/dairy, but know it's what is effecting their acne.

Edited by 90�ɾuıu�ɹıdɯ�ʌ

You know I remember seeing this video of a bunch of kids and they let them drink a bunch of pop and they were running all around and acting so hyper they almost seemed drunk. It seems like it would be dangerous to give a kid this much sugar and caffeine almost everyone was introduced to this as a kid. I especially hate coke for mass advertisement and all. Anyway I just had to put that out there.

I love caffeine so I understand you completely with regards to the addiction bit. I drink coffee personally. Coffee has high levels of antioxidants as well. Green tea (brewed, not bottled!) is a great bet for many with caffeine problems. Coffee provides more caffeine than either green tea or soda though. One to two cups of coffee a day could be beneficial for more than just the caffeine boost. There are some recent studies about the benefits of coffee in regards to Alzheimer's and cardiac protection. Of course, coffee can give some acne and others just don't like the bitter taste. :P I love it. :D

For those who don't have a caffeine addiction and think it's 'easy'...:lol:

Soda's nasty (personal opinion!).....