Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fcukedupdude

canned fruit bad?

I recently started buying canned fruit as it wsa cheap and has long storage

I know fruit juice is bad so basically I drain the can and rinse the fruit before i eat it. So technically I am only eating the fruit. No juice.

However, the canned pinepple states from natural juice not concentrate is this good or bad? I jad been drinking it as it was not concentrate like the others.

I mean bad in terms of raising blood sugar etc...

I know fruit is ok but I read fruit juice is bad

Check the ingredients. If its canned in sugar syrup, then yes - it's really bad. If not, it should be fine. Because they are cooked, they might have a slightly higher glycemic load than totally raw fruit, but I would guess its pretty negligible.

In my book, if it helps you eat more fruit... do it. Fresh > Frozen > Canned... but they're all a lot better than nothing.

Check the ingredients. If its canned in sugar syrup, then yes - it's really bad. If not, it should be fine. Because they are cooked, they might have a slightly higher glycemic load than totally raw fruit, but I would guess its pretty negligible.

In my book, if it helps you eat more fruit... do it. Fresh > Frozen > Canned... but they're all a lot better than nothing.

I mean it lists for example

grapefruit in grape juice from concentrate

pear slices in grape juice from concentrate etc...

For these I drain and rinse the fruit

Pineapple states

Pineapple pieces in natural pinepple juice..no added sugar...so I drink the juice

Is what Im doing best?

Better to buy fresh and eat quickly. Long term storage of fruit is not something you're going to be able to achieve without some amount of nutrition loss.

Try buying fresh every Sunday, slicing it all up then (for pineapples, papayas, other big fruits), and keeping it in tupperware in the fridge. It's so much easier to eat when all you have to do is toss some in the bowl and eat :P

I understand that its cheaper. Not only that, if you're not pretty diligent, you'll end up throwing some fruit away - which hurts even more than buying it at a high price.

To be realistic, for the vast majority of people, frozen and canned is going to work better - because it's cheaper and easier. Convenience matters, because as motivated as you are at this moment - you won't be at every other moment in your life.

Do you lose some nutritional value? For canned, yes.. but not enough to outweigh eating the fruit by any means.

For frozen.. not necessarily. Most fresh fruit is picked long before ripe, and then artificially ripened in transit to your local supermarket. Ever noticed berries just never taste like you really expect them to? It's because they're picked before being totally ripe so that they can survive transportation. Frozen fruit however, can be picked at the peak of ripeness and nutritional value.

Regardless, bottom line, eat more fruit!

im not so bothered about lost nutirents, if any? more so asking about the sugar juice in the can, should I drain it, dirnk it?

especially pineapple it say nautral juice

Most fruit juices, natural or not, have quite high glycemic load.

I wouldn't personally recommend any juices but then again I wouldn't recommend too much fruit either (maybe around 1-2 fruits per day).

If i eat the pineapple pieces with the juice is that gonna be high GI?

I dunno what to do I feel I need maybe 150-200g carb at least per day.

banana 25

orange 20

apple 20

vege 10

carrotts 20

rice 60g?

one canned fruit 40g

Edited by fcukedupdude

I'd take majority of my carbs or from rice, potatoes or sweet potatoes if I'd need extra carbs. Basically most non-grain starches seem to be quite safe.

At least that's what most traditional cultures do and they seem to do fine.

well I think rice aint so bad? potatos and sweet potatos give me stomach cramps

But Im not sure if too much rice causes high blood sugar and insulin

I remember a vid on youtube and this asian uy was saying removign rice cleared his acne and was advising all people with acne to stop eatign rice