Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Lately whenever I watch movies, I can't help but stare at the women... just because of how perfect their skin always is. I find myself watching my favorite movies and half the time I can't even concentrate on the movie because I'm so preoccupied with their beautiful skin

*sigh* :wall:

Anyone else seem to do this too?

Edited by RcknDisturbed1

Have you seen them in HD (High Definition)? Few people have perfect skin.

Edited by Corsair

^^aww. I think I heard Brad Pitt has almost the perfect face--on Oprah, I believe.

I happen to like Ed Norton more in that.

Brad Pitt has some of the most visible acne scarring of anyone in Hollywood. guy is pretty much proof you can fight through it and still end up looking like a stud.

i dont even watch movies anymore because its so depressing. especially movies about high school and college and parties and stuff like that. you never see anyone without perfect skin in those movies. i may watch that jona hex movie since his skin is almost as bad as mine.

I do this too and then I remember that they have tons of makeup artists to make them look that way and it's not all real. Then I watched something in HD and realized they don't look so good. LOL

ya, i looked out for their skins too and marvel at how seemingly perfect they were. even if there were a few zits on their face, i'd still deemed it as alright although the reaction would be a drastic difference if they popped up on my face..

i totally do this too, most people are paying attention to whats going on but im just amazed by their skin loll

Sometimes I look for acne on people on TV, but then Im disappointed when I dont see any. It almost a relief when I do see someone famous with spots. It helps me realize that I am not the only one with bad skin.

So one of my fave actresses is Rachel McAdams. I always think she has the perfect skin. Like I said before, if you're watching something in HD you realize their skin isn't so perfect. Well, hers is. I watched her in HD last night and her skin is still beautiful. Now I envy her :lol:

Off topic a little.

Last night i saw a documentary on TV and saw the flawless skins even south africans have.

No racist no nothing but truly speaking from such a hot weather and limited variety of food for nutrients, yet their skin is more perfect than mine at least.

I Just cant help keep looking and admiring their flawless skin.

Totally hairless not even a spot.

While my forehead is like millions thousands of bumps and red spots.

Never stops, so is the oily glands production.

Thanks.

I do notice that; I watch alot of asian dramas, and man not even girls, the guys in their have like perfect skin. But they take care of their skin since they were little and they eat right, they eat way healthier than us in America haha. Everything they eat benefits their skin in some way. They eat something called "bird's nest soup" its supposedly really good for your skin, and they eat that every day. When I went to Hong Kong for vacation a few years ago, I really didn't notice that anyone had problems with their skins. BUT, they all wore glasses everyone there is blind or it could be the fashion sense there. Also africans, do not have skin problems like us because they don't eat such fried and greasy food like us. They suffer malnutrition, so there really is no reason for them to have acne problems. I could be wrong, so correct me if I'm wrong.

Do you think taking care of my skin and eating right since small will reduce my acne problem when I hit puberty?

I ate shit when I was a kid and I always had stomache.. So this induced the occurence of my acne..? :doubt:

There is no sense comparing yourself to actors in movies. Not only do they have professional make-up artists that tend to them between every scene but they can also use video editors to change their skin tone or erase blemishes.

So no, I don't think about it. It does however bother me when they portray someone with acne as a loser/nerd. But that's why I don't really watch movies anymore; they're just so superficial.

BTW, it seems like you girls notice imperfections a lot more than us guys...