Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vavier

Burnt my skin, help!

i was in the sun for about an hour and a half. used sunscreen with 50 spf and 2 hours later i used a glycolic gel peel 35% and I think it might've burnt my skin. It stung for the rest of the night. *used at 10pm, was in the sun around 7-8:30pm. I know I'm an idiot because i'm suppose to wait because i was in the sun.

Now my skin seems all brown in only one part. It feels tense and it's sensetive when i touch it gently. What should i do?!

Apply a thick coating of petroleum jelly over your WHOLE face.

If post-care instructions came with your peel, follow them. If none came with your peel, contact the company and ask for instructions.

Wynne. Thank you so much. You seem to post everywhere with helpful information. Would petroleum jelly maybe clog pores? It's very very oily. I did have instructions but I am an idiot. it said to avoid the sun for 24 hours before but my skin is so awful that I did not think about it(no patience). Yes i know I am an idiot for doing that. I am so frustruted...

can I use aloe vera before i sleep? is that okay?

I don't think the sun had anything to do with it. The sun is so weak at 7-8 pm. And you did use SPF to boot.

I think it was simply from the peel. Definitely don't use any topicals or makeup until you're healed.

Wynne. Thank you so much. You seem to post everywhere with helpful information. Would petroleum jelly maybe clog pores? It's very very oily. I did have instructions but I am an idiot. it said to avoid the sun for 24 hours before but my skin is so awful that I did not think about it(no patience). Yes i know I am an idiot for doing that. I am so frustruted...

can I use aloe vera before i sleep? is that okay?

Petroleum jelly doesn't clog pores. I'd use that in preference to aloe vera. Aloe can be drying, actually. Or use some aloe, then petroleum jelly. Do follow the after-care instructions that came with the peel.

Anti-Em's right that it's doubtful your symptoms come from the sun exposure; it's likely the peel itself.

Thank you for the replys. Well it said avoid the sun at least 24 hours before the app. Plus this is my 3rd time using the peel, it was fine before. I woke up today and my skin is scabbing i think. it's strange.

So these burnt marks are maybe natural with the peel 35%?

Edited by vavier