Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
X3Kell3X

I hate myself without Makeup on..

ive had acne for a while...its not a severe but enough to drive you insane. went on accutane, yadda yadda yadaa. now it is mild but still persistant. im on differin and spiro and i have a good feeling that it'll clear up. But i know i will never be 100% happy with it.

In order to feel semi pretty and confident i wear makeup. However, sometimes it drives me more insane. I like how i look with it on. When i wear it yeah you can see the little bumps, but not the redness. My skin is even and normal looking. I don't feel as self-concious either. I can look people in the eye and feel comfortable that they aren't judging me on my skin

I wear a primer/powder for my face. I feel like.. myself with it on. Its like im just taking a flaw and making it better.. im just fixing something that i can't help. but yet i feel guily. that im fake or hiding something.

For my eyes, i wear brown eye liner and mascara. Just on the top of my eye. Its not too heavy. But, i hate how i look without it. With it on i look older, feel prettier, and more confident. Without it, i feel dull and boring.

Im 17 going on 18, and i hate how i look without makeup on. I hate how my skin looks and my eyes. Ill have sleepovers on ocassion, but i don't really like people seeing me natural. My family sees me, but i feel comfortable with them.

If i can't wear skin makeup i have to wear eye makeup and if i can't wear eye makeup i have to wear skin makeup.

I just hate being tied down. like im stuck wearing it to feel happy about myself.. Then i have 2 older sisters, who are gorgeous and NEVER wear makeup. Ever. My one sister whos 19 doesn't know how to wear eyeliner or anything she just wakes up, takes, a shower, and bam she is ready and looks great. Me? no. i have to take a shower, wash my face, put on powder, eyeliner, mascara... Then my other sister, shes 22. She just puts on a little powder and is fine.

I don't like the feeling that im only pretty with makeup. It sucks. it makes me feel fake. i mean its not alot of makeup, but i feel so different without it. Mainly.. without the skin makeup.

Without i feel like i can't be myself. Im shy and depressed when i look in the mirror. With it on i feel more confident, like i am pretty, but then i just go home, take it off and feel shitty again.

And for guys reading this, how do you feel about girls that wear makeup? do you feel disgusted when they take it off? I guess im just nervous that a guy won't think im attractive without it and won't like me anymore.. i mean its not to the point where i look manufactured or like a barbie, but im not sure if guys think any makeup is fake...

I wanna know that im not alone out there.. that maybe some other girls feel the same way i do. Its just something thats been driving me nuts... and i feel like its never gunna go away. I wanna be happy with it on or without it on, i just don't know how to...

I know exactly how you feel and not very long ago I felt that way except I would almost NEVER go out without face makeup. I think things will change as you get older. I am only a year or 2 away from you but I feel better about myself and makeup. Don't feel fake or bad. There are so many girls who wear gobs and gobs of makeup every single day. You sound like you are just enhancing your natural beauty which most women do.

ya its good to know other girls feel the same way i do! i can go like to the grocery store and out with my parents without makeup. i just could never go to school without it. im fine with strangers just not my peers i guess. like i feel like if i showed up to school one day without either eye makeup or skin makeup or both (which i would never do) people would be like.. "eww what happened to her" cuz they are all so used to seeing me with it..

It's completely human to feel a bit subconcious about oneself I think. I don't think there's anything ridiculous or extraordinarily wrong with you feeling a bit overshadowed by your older siblings. But you have to realize that you have qualities and gifts they don't. You also have to realize that these feelings are going to do nothing but poison your self-esteem in the long run! Personally, you sound like a pretty deep, thoughtful girl. That's one of my favorite qualities in a person right there.

Since you asked how guys feel about makeup, I can only answer for myself. I have no problem with make up as long as it's not caked on there like some of the women on TV wear it (I see Nancy Grace in my nightmares). I think it can expose qualities and colors that aren't so obvious without it. You said yourself that you're not overboard with it, you just wish you didn't HAVE to wear it. Well, don't be so hard on yourself.

Now, for that last part about not being alone. I'm 21, and I've had acne since I was in my late 14's. My brother is 29. He's got a great girlfriend, his face is clear, and he's big from years of working out. On the other hand, he's overly arrogant, and I feel like I'm more compassionate than him. Also, he's 8 years older which means he's got years more work out experience than me. But I Squat, Bench Press, and Deadlift more than he does! Oh, and I'm much better at Halo 3 than he is! So, I have my own gifts! The acne will subside in time, but our personal gifts and traits are always there!

Please don't be so hard on yourself. Realize that you have different hobbies and qualities! And realize that most guys, including all the ones I know, don't judge based on make up!

Edited by Thanat0s

ya its good to know other girls feel the same way i do! i can go like to the grocery store and out with my parents without makeup. i just could never go to school without it. im fine with strangers just not my peers i guess. like i feel like if i showed up to school one day without either eye makeup or skin makeup or both (which i would never do) people would be like.. "eww what happened to her" cuz they are all so used to seeing me with it..

High school right? I never.ever.ever. went without makeup to high school. Over my dead body haha because I think people really are more immature. I don't know if it's just the enviroment, old habits, snarkiness, or what but it's not a good situation to have skin issues. I think once you get out of there you will feel a little more free, I certainly did! :) I hope you do. School year is over for you? Are you done? Lol I just realized it's June....!

ive had acne for a while...its not a severe but enough to drive you insane. went on accutane, yadda yadda yadaa. now it is mild but still persistant. im on differin and spiro and i have a good feeling that it'll clear up. But i know i will never be 100% happy with it.

In order to feel semi pretty and confident i wear makeup. However, sometimes it drives me more insane. I like how i look with it on. When i wear it yeah you can see the little bumps, but not the redness. My skin is even and normal looking. I don't feel as self-concious either. I can look people in the eye and feel comfortable that they aren't judging me on my skin

I wear a primer/powder for my face. I feel like.. myself with it on. Its like im just taking a flaw and making it better.. im just fixing something that i can't help. but yet i feel guily. that im fake or hiding something.

For my eyes, i wear brown eye liner and mascara. Just on the top of my eye. Its not too heavy. But, i hate how i look without it. With it on i look older, feel prettier, and more confident. Without it, i feel dull and boring.

Im 17 going on 18, and i hate how i look without makeup on. I hate how my skin looks and my eyes. Ill have sleepovers on ocassion, but i don't really like people seeing me natural. My family sees me, but i feel comfortable with them.

If i can't wear skin makeup i have to wear eye makeup and if i can't wear eye makeup i have to wear skin makeup.

I just hate being tied down. like im stuck wearing it to feel happy about myself.. Then i have 2 older sisters, who are gorgeous and NEVER wear makeup. Ever. My one sister whos 19 doesn't know how to wear eyeliner or anything she just wakes up, takes, a shower, and bam she is ready and looks great. Me? no. i have to take a shower, wash my face, put on powder, eyeliner, mascara... Then my other sister, shes 22. She just puts on a little powder and is fine.

I don't like the feeling that im only pretty with makeup. It sucks. it makes me feel fake. i mean its not alot of makeup, but i feel so different without it. Mainly.. without the skin makeup.

Without i feel like i can't be myself. Im shy and depressed when i look in the mirror. With it on i feel more confident, like i am pretty, but then i just go home, take it off and feel shitty again.

And for guys reading this, how do you feel about girls that wear makeup? do you feel disgusted when they take it off? I guess im just nervous that a guy won't think im attractive without it and won't like me anymore.. i mean its not to the point where i look manufactured or like a barbie, but im not sure if guys think any makeup is fake...

I wanna know that im not alone out there.. that maybe some other girls feel the same way i do. Its just something thats been driving me nuts... and i feel like its never gunna go away. I wanna be happy with it on or without it on, i just don't know how to...

I feel exactly the same way, wen i wake up my skin is not red but as the day goes on it gets really red and hot and i am embaressed to go outside like that let alone to school. I cover myself in foundation and hope it dosent wear off. My sister has perfect skin and barely ever wears make-up not that she needs it

Well I can tell you that I'm a guy, and I have two red spots on my cheek (PIH) that have been there for almost 2 years and I hate them. I literally always think about them. They have affected my life to an incredible extent, and when they get really red I just want to give up and hide forever, and again, I'm a 20 year old straight guy.

So, in order to feel normal when I do go out on the rare occasion, I put some of my mothers make up on the spots, not to completely cover them, but take the punch out of them, you know? It makes them look more dull and I find I feel more confident, but like you I feel as though I'm living a lie with my friends. I don't even let other guy friends see me without it now or they'll be like what the fuck? It's the reason I avoid girls too; afraid if they get a good look they will realize it's make up, also a girlfriend would touch my face and some point and discover it so either way...

To answer your other question: I really don't mind girls with make up, as long as it's not overboard. I hate when they put all different colours on their eyes and end up looking like a clown. If I dated a girl and see her without makeup and saw some red spots around her face, I really wouldn't care. Then again I have that and really care. I guess everyone really cares when it's their own face lol

Edited by jamesy90

It's completely human to feel a bit subconcious about oneself I think. I don't think there's anything ridiculous or extraordinarily wrong with you feeling a bit overshadowed by your older siblings. But you have to realize that you have qualities and gifts they don't. You also have to realize that these feelings are going to do nothing but poison your self-esteem in the long run! Personally, you sound like a pretty deep, thoughtful girl. That's one of my favorite qualities in a person right there.

Since you asked how guys feel about makeup, I can only answer for myself. I have no problem with make up as long as it's not caked on there like some of the women on TV wear it (I see Nancy Grace in my nightmares). I think it can expose qualities and colors that aren't so obvious without it. You said yourself that you're not overboard with it, you just wish you didn't HAVE to wear it. Well, don't be so hard on yourself.

Now, for that last part about not being alone. I'm 21, and I've had acne since I was in my late 14's. My brother is 29. He's got a great girlfriend, his face is clear, and he's big from years of working out. On the other hand, he's overly arrogant, and I feel like I'm more compassionate than him. Also, he's 8 years older which means he's got years more work out experience than me. But I Squat, Bench Press, and Deadlift more than he does! Oh, and I'm much better at Halo 3 than he is! So, I have my own gifts! The acne will subside in time, but our personal gifts and traits are always there!

Please don't be so hard on yourself. Realize that you have different hobbies and qualities! And realize that most guys, including all the ones I know, don't judge based on make up!

aww ur so sweet! it really helps to have opinions from a guy perspective. I know i shouldn't compare myself to my sisters... its hard not to but i know i shouldn't. I also feel the same way you do about your brother. my sisters have had serious steady boyfriends since they were 16. its so hard to see that, when ive never had a boyfriend and im almost 18... but they can also be pretty arrogant as well... my one sister has even made comments about acne on other ppl and it drives me nuts! unlike them..im more considerate and less judgmental about looks and appearances. its just ridiculous to judge someone on acne.. its not like they can control it. i feel like acne humbles me and other ppl. they know what its like to have an imperfection.

Its good to know that guys don't mind makeup. i always feel like they are searching for "natural beauties" or whatever.. so i always feel self-conscious that they won't like me without it.

And you are totally right, the acne will go away. and im pretty happy about who i am as a person and once its gone, nothing can stop me! :)

Thanks for the input, it really helps.

High school right? I never.ever.ever. went without makeup to high school. Over my dead body haha because I think people really are more immature. I don't know if it's just the enviroment, old habits, snarkiness, or what but it's not a good situation to have skin issues. I think once you get out of there you will feel a little more free, I certainly did! :) I hope you do. School year is over for you? Are you done? Lol I just realized it's June....!

hahah yeap!! just got out a little less than a week ago. and highschool is ridiculous and immature. i just hear girls talk all the time when another girl shows up without makeup. they make comments like, "what happened to her. shes ugly" blah blah blah.

I have one more year left, then college!!

Im hoping college will be a fresh start for me. first of all people will be able to see both sides of me, with or without makeup. obviously cuz of dorms! haha. but im also hoping people are a little less jdugmental. we'll see i guess.

And you are totally right, the acne will go away. and im pretty happy about who i am as a person and once its gone, nothing can stop me! :)

Thanks for the input, it really helps.

I feel the same way right now.

And you're welcome!

I feel exactly the same way, wen i wake up my skin is not red but as the day goes on it gets really red and hot and i am embaressed to go outside like that let alone to school. I cover myself in foundation and hope it dosent wear off. My sister has perfect skin and barely ever wears make-up not that she needs it

thats how i am! i wake up and its fine.. then i wash it and it gets red.. but it calms down a little. but if i just leave it it gets red and oily throughout the day. thats why i wear makeup. cuz i know itll at least be.. consistent throughout the day and i don't have to look like a red, acne, oily, tomatoe! lol and ya my sister is the same.. never wears it. and kind of makes comments all the time like "ya.. i don't need makeup" or "what is that kelly, (when im holding my powder), see i don't wear makeup so i have no idea what that is.." like really? thats not necessary to say.. lol

Well I can tell you that I'm a guy, and I have two red spots on my cheek (PIH) that have been there for almost 2 years and I hate them. I literally always think about them. They have affected my life to an incredible extent, and when they get really red I just want to give up and hide forever, and again, I'm a 20 year old straight guy.

So, in order to feel normal when I do go out on the rare occasion, I put some of my mothers make up on the spots, not to completely cover them, but take the punch out of them, you know? It makes them look more dull and I find I feel more confident, but like you I feel as though I'm living a lie with my friends. I don't even let other guy friends see me without it now or they'll be like what the fuck? It's the reason I avoid girls too; afraid if they get a good look they will realize it's make up, also a girlfriend would touch my face and some point and discover it so either way...

To answer your other question: I really don't mind girls with make up, as long as it's not overboard. I hate when they put all different colours on their eyes and end up looking like a clown. If I dated a girl and see her without makeup and saw some red spots around her face, I really wouldn't care. Then again I have that and really care. I guess everyone really cares when it's their own face lol

ya i agree. the acne i have, i probably wouldn't really notice on someone else.. but since its my face, it bugs me so bad. and ya just having that little coverage makes me feel that much more confident. im like you too! i get so scared when guys get really close to my face.. cuz i think that they will look too close and see through the makeup and think im nasty or something..

Its good to know thatt another guy doesn't mind girls with makeup! maybe its just the immature jackass highschool guys in my school that make me feel self-concious. this guy i liked last year, told me that "he only likes natural girls" it pretty much killed me self-esteem, that im not good enough.

And i don't find it a problem at all if a guy wants to wear coverup. Guys feel just as self-concious as girls. don't feel ashamed!

hahah yeap!! just got out a little less than a week ago. and highschool is ridiculous and immature. i just hear girls talk all the time when another girl shows up without makeup. they make comments like, "what happened to her. shes ugly" blah blah blah.

Im hoping college will be a fresh start for me. first of all people will be able to see both sides of me, with or without makeup. obviously cuz of dorms! haha. but im also hoping people are a little less jdugmental. we'll see i guess.

Exactly. And I've heard guys say stuff about that too.. as if they are the king & queens of the school and get to decide who gets to wear makeup and when LMAO!

Try to challenge yourself next year. Go a little barer very gradually, you might feel more comfortable that way. Like take off 1/2 or 1 thing at a time... over a few weeks. :) It's tough but hopefully you will feel better at the end. I feel like college is a fresh start. Especially since MOST people who are going to college are there to learn and be at school... they aren't forced to be there and usually don't sit around and talk about other people's makeup! :D

Exactly. And I've heard guys say stuff about that too.. as if they are the king & queens of the school and get to decide who gets to wear makeup and when LMAO!

Try to challenge yourself next year. Go a little barer very gradually, you might feel more comfortable that way. Like take off 1/2 or 1 thing at a time... over a few weeks. :) It's tough but hopefully you will feel better at the end. I feel like college is a fresh start. Especially since MOST people who are going to college are there to learn and be at school... they aren't forced to be there and usually don't sit around and talk about other people's makeup! :D

hahah goood point! i hope college is different! and ive defiantly thought about doing less and less. maybe if my skin is better by next year i will try! but i sort of combat the bad skin with eye makeup. so if im feeling self concious about my skin i use eye makeup to feel better. but ill try to wear less, when i am feeling more confident with my skin!

hahah goood point! i hope college is different! and ive defiantly thought about doing less and less. maybe if my skin is better by next year i will try! but i sort of combat the bad skin with eye makeup. so if im feeling self concious about my skin i use eye makeup to feel better. but ill try to wear less, when i am feeling more confident with my skin!

Honestly eye makeup isn't a problem unless you think it is. It doesn't sound like you go overboard! What would you typically wear? I have seen people wear clubbing/drag eye makeup to school EVERY DAY so ... haha you are probably good :)

Honestly eye makeup isn't a problem unless you think it is. It doesn't sound like you go overboard! What would you typically wear? I have seen people wear clubbing/drag eye makeup to school EVERY DAY so ... haha you are probably good :)

ohh well, my friends i guess don't wear that much eye makeup so i always feel weird..

umm i wear darkish brown eyeliner across the top lid/underneath the top eyelashes. and brown shimmer mascara on the top and bottom eyelashes. (the lash blast stuff from covergirl)

ohh well, my friends i guess don't wear that much eye makeup so i always feel weird..

umm i wear darkish brown eyeliner across the top lid/underneath the top eyelashes. and brown shimmer mascara on the top and bottom eyelashes. (the lash blast stuff from covergirl)

Haha GIRL THAT'S NOTHING. I wear eyeshadow pretty much everyday if I am going somewhere. So i already wear more than you. ;) Don't sweat it.

hahaha, i know, but since my sisters don't wear any at all, ever, they look at me like im a crazyy person. same with my mom.. they think i wear "too much"... then my friends don't wear alot either, so i always question mine.

but i guess i shouldn't!! :) i

hahaha, i know, but since my sisters don't wear any at all, ever, they look at me like im a crazyy person. same with my mom.. they think i wear "too much"... then my friends don't wear alot either, so i always question mine.

Haha neither of my best friends wear make up every day and my sister never does. They wear eyeliner occasionally and that's about it. But I see a lot of girls who wear more than me. And anyway, I have fun with it so why not! :)

I can only show my face to my parents... on the GOOD days. And that's really big for me :/.

Even if I get rid of my acne and acne scars, I'll still cover up my dark circles (unless they MAGICALLY disapperead! Lol). So I'm afraid I won't really stop using concealer or powder. I also wish to be as natural as possible. Some girls from the class can easily go to school without makeup, and still look great! It bugs me, and it hurts :/. Seeing how other people have no idea of what acne can do and how my life COULD have been if I reacted some time before. But acne isn't taken seriously enough. "It's just a zit, it'll disappear!" Yeah right...

But yeah, there are some girls, who put on A BUNCH of makeup! I mean, foundation, mascara, eyeliner, eyeshadow, lipstic, blah blah. Seriously, they must really have some problems, since they put on all that stuff.

I can only show my face to my parents... on the GOOD days. And that's really big for me :/.

Even if I get rid of my acne and acne scars, I'll still cover up my dark circles (unless they MAGICALLY disapperead! Lol). So I'm afraid I won't really stop using concealer or powder. I also wish to be as natural as possible. Some girls from the class can easily go to school without makeup, and still look great! It bugs me, and it hurts :/. Seeing how other people have no idea of what acne can do and how my life COULD have been if I reacted some time before. But acne isn't taken seriously enough. "It's just a zit, it'll disappear!" Yeah right...

But yeah, there are some girls, who put on A BUNCH of makeup! I mean, foundation, mascara, eyeliner, eyeshadow, lipstic, blah blah. Seriously, they must really have some problems, since they put on all that stuff.

That's me most days ;)

Haha neither of my best friends wear make up every day and my sister never does. They wear eyeliner occasionally and that's about it. But I see a lot of girls who wear more than me. And anyway, I have fun with it so why not! :)

thats how i feel! like i have fun putting it on and exploring new ways to do it and buying eye shadow, which i wear.. everyonce and while.

its good to know other ppl r like me!

I know! its defiantly not taken seriously.. ppl r always like "its a teenage thing.. get some proactive and ull be fine!" uhh no.. in a lot of ways it affects ppl for the rest of their lives.. not to sound dramatic or anything, but its true. thats great that u can show ur family! im pretty comfortable with my family just because my mom is really supportive of what ive been going through as far as acne and self esteem. i probabaly won't stop wearing powder either.. my skin is so red!!

i know girls who r gorgeous, but put on black eyeshadow, so much mascara that their eyelashes look like spiders, majorly tan skin, poofed up dyed colored hair. its bad. cuz they r pretty girls but they go overboard. and plus they have FLAWLESS skin..jealous

Wow, your post sounded exactly as if I'd written it - minus the sisters, I have none.

I feel terrible without makeup on, but if you feel pretty with it on - then you're pretty to begin with. Makeup can only enhance what you have, not completely transform you. Hardly any of us wake up looking like supermodels!