Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dvozab

Do you think this is a good Body Regimen?

I have moderate acne on my back, and my chest n shoulders are mild acne. Can you please tell me if this is a good regimen for my body acne so I can be clear by the time I have to take swimming for freshmen year of highschool?

Regimen for my body acne:

-Put Dove Sensitive Skin Body Wash on Loofa

-Get a lather and start to gently massage into my acne prone areas

-Rinse with cold water before getting out

-When my body is dry I take a couple of Oxy Pads 2% SA and rub all over my

acne prone areas on my body

-Wait to Dry and put on a shirt

-I am also taking Doxycycline 100mg twice a day

Do you think this is good? Or should I switch the SA with BP 10%? or no topicals and just wash my body with Dove?

Will the BP or SA interfere with the Doxy?

I'm with you completely on the dove body wash and loofah.. but then I lose you. Stridex pads are one of the worst ways to deliver salicylic acid to your skin..expensive, tiny little pads (how do you even reach your whole back?), irritating alcohol and other ingredients.

Take a look at Dan's Bacne regimen.. I'm a little lazy about it myself. Alpha hydroxy acids are what work best for me on thick, rough skin (like on most people's backs). I just slather glycolic acid cream on my back before I put my shirt on, and it keeps me clear.

If you really want to use salicylic acid, get a product delivers it in a gel or liquid. I know Paula's Choice is really popular here.. I've never tried it myself. I use "Dermarest Psoriasis Medicated Skin Treatment... god that's a mouthful. There are lots of other options though.

Doxycycline shouldn't interfere with these topicals, though you should be careful about sun exposure while on the antibiotic. Also, some people get a fungal folliculitis on their backs if they use antibiotics... just be aware of the possibility. You can search "pityrosporum folliculitis" or "malasezzia" on the forums or on google to learn more about it.

Edited by greentiger87

I'm with you completely on the dove body wash and loofah.. but then I lose you. Stridex pads are one of the worst ways to deliver salicylic acid to your skin..expensive, tiny little pads (how do you even reach your whole back?), irritating alcohol and other ingredients.

Take a look at Dan's Bacne regimen.. I'm a little lazy about it myself. Alpha hydroxy acids are what work best for me on thick, rough skin (like on most people's backs). I just slather glycolic acid cream on my back before I put my shirt on, and it keeps me clear.

If you really want to use salicylic acid, get a product delivers it in a gel or liquid. I know Paula's Choice is really popular here.. I've never tried it myself. I use "Dermarest Psoriasis Medicated Skin Treatment... god that's a mouthful. There are lots of other options though.

Doxycycline shouldn't interfere with these topicals, though you should be careful about sun exposure while on the antibiotic. Also, some people get a fungal folliculitis on their backs if they use antibiotics... just be aware of the possibility. You can search "pityrosporum folliculitis" or "malasezzia" on the forums or on google to learn more about it.

Okay thanks for the reply! I will def take out SA of my Body Acne Regimen :surprised:

Can you tell me some good AHA products that I can find at a walmart or target? I have neutrogena healthy skin face lotion and idk how much AHA is in it. I could use that for a while but could please tell me.

Thanks! :think: