Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
beachgirl59

My 2nd Accutane Log- 28/F

Hi Everyone!

I am beginning my 2nd course of accutane today. I was on accutane 2 years ago and it completely cleared me up for about a year. Then all of the sudden I started breaking out again and before I knew it, my face was worse then it ever was. I went back to the derm and after trying a few things, she agreed to let me try a 2nd course. I have had a few friends of mine that had to do a 2nd course before being completely clear forever, so I am desperate to try anything!

Day 1: (started 6/23/10)

My face is completly covered with cysts. Not a happy girl :( So excited to start another course of this though! :cool:

Thanks girls!

Day 2:

My lips are already feeling dry and nose started peeling last night. Not sure if it's from the sun burn I had last week or not, but it's weird to feel the side effects already! Had one small pimple on my chin this morning but I popped it and it's pretty much gone. (i know, i shouldn't). Nothing really else new to report! :cool:

Day 3:

TGIF!

I have been soooo tired since I started the pills. So tired to where I cannot get up in the morning. And I have been having a really hard time falling asleep. I think i'm going to play around with different times to take the pill. The first 2 days I took it around lunch time, and by 2pm I was wanting to close my eyes and go to sleep. When time does everyone else take it??

I woke up this morning with 3 new small pimples. One on my jawline, one on the side of my face and one right under my nose. They are not the huge cysts that hurt, but they are still there :cry:

Nose is still a little dry but have been constantly putting moisturizer on it. My lips are also starting to feel a little dry. I've also noticed I have had horrible breathe lol. I didn't have this on the first course..has anyone else experienced bad breathe as a side effect?

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Good luck to you on your course. Many June starters so check our logs to get a feel of what to maybe expect. Ev1's reaction will be different. Hope it's smooth for you :)

Edited by goodz19

Day 8

My lips are extremely dry! My face has also broken out with a few cysts the past few days, but today they look a little smaller. Started taking the pill at night and I noticed I don't experience the side effects as much.

Day 9:

UGH this IB sucks!!!!! Last course I did not get it this bad. My face will not stop breaking out! I'm embarassed to even leave my house! My lips are also still very very dry, so just keep applying aquaphor or carmex to them. Hope this IB doesn't last much longer.. :pray:

Hi Everyone!

I am beginning my 2nd course of accutane today. I was on accutane 2 years ago and it completely cleared me up for about a year. Then all of the sudden I started breaking out again and before I knew it, my face was worse then it ever was. I went back to the derm and after trying a few things, she agreed to let me try a 2nd course. I have had a few friends of mine that had to do a 2nd course before being completely clear forever, so I am desperate to try anything!

Day 1: (started 6/23/10)

My face is completly covered with cysts. Not a happy girl :( So excited to start another course of this though! :cool:

Hey beachgirl! We have very similar stories. I started my first accutane treatment back in September of 08. I too was clear for about a year and then about a few months ago started breaking out like crazy again. It's so frustrating not to mention depressing. I will be visiting my doctor in August to see if I can get back on the drug. At this point, I don't have much patience to try anything else. I have been struggling with this issue since I was 13 (I am now 26). Good luck with your second treatment. I hope this time around it goes away for good!

Thanks Heavenzgrl! I didn't have patience to really try anything else either..because I have been dealing with it since I was 11. It took me going to the derm twice and begging that she gave it to me again. My derm admitted that she herself had to go on the drug twice before she finally cleared up. Good luck and let me know if your derm puts you back on it. Hopfeully it will work for both of us!