Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
.JacktheLad.

need to have an answer to this please

Ive been doing my best to leave my skin alone etc, whilst ive had a few ingrown hairs on my upper cheeks (not good!) overall skin is doing better now. however when i rubbed my face gently on my black tshirt this morning before i went to work, lots of dried bits of dead skin came off onto the t shirt..

does this mean i need to exfoliate or is my skin naturally ridding the outer layer? do i need to use an exfoliant with small beads or do I just leave the skin alone?

I dont want all that dead skin "debree" to be left there if its going to clog pores on the other hand if its fine doing its own thing then i will leave it be.

ideas?

Mm, well I think you should start washing your face with some type of scrub. Not a cleanser but a scrub. Like Neutrogena's Deep Clean Gentle Scrub. It has tiny micro-beads that get those dead skin cells off without irritating your skin and is safe to use every day.

hey lily yeah well that would make sense but this is my skin we are talking about lol (logic goes out the window) cause I reckon it would make it more flaky cause it would dry it out, which is why i have avoided a mechanical bead scrub etc.

and because i literally cant use any moisturiser that wont give me spots i cant aford to dry it out.

good note, i am off to the coast soon so natural salt water will do the trick! cant wait

x

does this mean i need to exfoliate or is my skin naturally ridding the outer layer? do i need to use an exfoliant with small beads or do I just leave the skin alone?

Leave the skin alone because differin will take care of your exfoliation. you forgot to inform lily that you are using differin.

Leave the skin alone because differin will take care of your exfoliation. you forgot to inform lily that you are using differin.

no no i am not using diff. i prefer to leave my skin to its own devices

I'm posting this a fair bit, and not sure of the results, but give this a go: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/-t272498.html

All natural stuff is like leaving it's skin to it's own devices, but actually cleaning it. I've got a shaving process that works pretty killer too, 0 ingrown hairs in 3 weeks, Every now and then get some but that's usually because i rush if i'm late for work.