Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chloe646

Just did 6% TCA

How long until redness typically disappears? I think I was a bit hasty and did another 20% salycilic acid peel a bit too soon (3 days) after the first one, and now a portion of my face is really red. I am going on vacation in 2 days, so I was hoping my face would uh, be back to normal before then. How long does it take to fully peel too?

I have done 3 peels. The first cause no peeling, so I waited a week. Then I did another which caused some peeling, and then I did another 3 days later, which has given my skin a sort of dead and red look.

hey noober,

i have to fix my comp driver to hook up my new digital cam to get a better shot of my scars. i posted regular pics of me before in the gallery but my skin looked unbelievably clear in them and my face was strategically turned to have my, ahem, better side show since I only have noticable marks on one side mainly.

My scars are fairly shallow, some look like small circular pits (much shallower than a chicken pox scar) shallow enough that when I stretch my skin it totally smooths out. Also, some just look like uneven skin texture or tiny pin pricks that are reddish so it looks like a biggger pore. i have two ugly weird scars that I know will never be fixed enough to really blend in because one is a super thin hypertrophic line (I got all these when i was temporarily sick due to diet so the scarring and acne that occured at that time had more to do with poor healing than genetics...it happened in less than a year so that's why I think i have generally small pores and no actual obvious acne but these scars are driving me nuts!!!)

I think it's an important distinction because milder treatments have yielded better than expected results because my healing abliity is much improved from then. The scars don't indent my skin from the sides much, it looks more lke crappy skin texture, like litttle pick marks in several clusters. Also, I still have redness in most of these marks. i am going to maybe get one more IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) for this since I think the persistent redness is broken blood vessels which peels don't remove...

The 6% TCA barely made me red, but I did peel, also I'm sensitive to salicylic acid, just 2% swells my face up.

Hope the info helps and don't worry that redness from the SA will subside but it's hard to tell how long it will take>just treat your skin gently and don't use anything but a mild soap and water in the emantime and sunblock>clinique citiblock is the best non chemical sunblock I've tried (And I've tried a lot of them)!

Lets keep this thread alive, ok?

It's been like maybe 2-3 days now and my skin has not peeled yet...

And its still quite reddish

How long before I see results? I have a lot of red marks on my cheek area

Btw, I got the 8%/12.5% combo from Mendy.

How long until redness typically disappears? I think I was a bit hasty and did another 20% salycilic acid peel a bit too soon (3 days) after the first one, and now a portion of my face is really red. I am going on vacation in 2 days, so I was hoping my face would uh, be back to normal before then. How long does it take to fully peel too?

I have done 3 peels. The first cause no peeling, so I waited a week. Then I did another which caused some peeling, and then I did another 3 days later, which has given my skin a sort of dead and red look.

Hi butterknife,

Sorry about the delayed response, i wuz out of town! Anyway, i got the tca from Mendy at poorgirlproducts.com> type that in a search engine and you should find it>

Anyway guys, gonna do the tca peel again soon enuf. Going to the derm tomorrow to request more IPL>i saw my face under ultra bad fluorecent lighting OMIGOD!!!!!!!!! Thought I'd hang myself you can see minute capillaries on perfect skin under that lighting so my face looked INSANE and on close (UGH) inspection i noticed a lot of lingering red marks looked like broken capillaries, clusters of little squiggly lines in my scars which of course made everything look :sick:

How depressing that the only apparent marks i have are ones from when i was sick I HATE THEM!!!!!!

without them even in fluorecent lighting my skin would look okay. How my awesome boyfriend can nonchalantly look at himself in that grotesque light is beyond me (oh yeah his skin is perfect oops forgot) but even he was like Ugh I look terrible you look so much better ahhhhh, and I'm like NO WAY do you see how hideous I look Ahhhhhh>Oh sorry, this was a hotel bathroom but he looked great in the lighting while I looked like scar face. shit I don't know those lights are like microscopes, even healthy perfect skin looks UGH, plus eating junky vacation food sure doesn't help>can we say big greasy pore alert?

*end rant*

I used the TCA perfect complextion a while back for red marks. Well it was my first time and I though it would be very mild(peeling wise) compared to the 30% glycolic. I put some on a paper towel and rubbed into my redmarks for 1min for 3 days in a row(my skin is tough, even the glycolic didn't irritate me). I thought it wouldnt' work but a day later my skin started to peel like crazy. It was intense, I peeled for 4 days and must have gotten 5 layers of skin off if not more and after that my redmarks were 80% improved. Used an aloe leaf after the 6th day on my face for about 4 days and my face looked great.

If you're skin is tough just jump right in. It's not irritating and it will make you flake like crazy.

I also have to mention that i was taking Ester C(2grams a day) and several amino acids to build up collagen as quick as I could.

That's why I like TCA Complex. It's a low percentage and it's buffered. This allows you to use it for three consecutive days without excessive irritation. The multiple applications really go deep and yet the skin has time to recover between them.

Hey another brief update (but are my posts ever breie? hahah)

Went to the derm yesterday to do IPL on my red marks...which weren't all acne related, they were, as she also agreed, clusters of small broen capillaries. So she zapped them but i couldn't avoid going outside afterwards in the sun for a few hours after the treatment I hope that didn't f*ck it up but she was only zapping capillaries so....Anyway I should hopefully see some improvement..Funny but the most obvious red mark under fluorecents wasn't even acne related it was this tiny burst vessel on my cheek. I only had mild redness following the procedure.

PRODUCT ALERT: This is what was put on me as a soothing/healing mask aferwards: A probiotic activated aloe powder by Epicuren>it was mixed with water...they also had activated aloe vera gel which when they left the room I slathered on hahah (next time I'll bring a little bottle and

Robert: How does the complex compare to regular 6%? I'm sensitive to SA so if it contains that I'm bettter off using only TCA.Anyway, I read that one derm piles on retin a or retinol products for a night so she could intensely peel??? Well, I'll be doing the TCA again on Wednesday evening hopefully. I need to REALLY PEEL : ) Maybe a one or two layers of 6% done more thoroughly

Chloe is ther a remarkable difference in the texture and tone of your skin from doing the 6% peel? or is it barely noticeable? Also do you have any pink marks left from tha TCA?

Hey Miss Shady,

I wouldn't say there's a remarkable diff at all..It's very subtle...but I applied the TCA SO conservatively I only had one fine layer of peeling. I did not get any red marks from the TCA at all. It does look like if I had actually applied some more that there would be a significant texture and scar improvement, since the the scarred skin peeled. I simply was ultra conservative in my application...My face was a faint pink before it peeled a couple days later.

Overall, glycolics gave me pink marks that faded, TCA so far has not and the peeling was very even. I will be doing it again later this week, but have an upcoming dental appt. and I just had IPL, so want to wait a week. I can never get the darn time to do this! I'm just going to bluntly tell my boyfriend I'm getting a 'facial' otherwise I'll be stuck with this crappy skin 4-ever!!!!

Chloe,

TCA Complex is "just under 10%" TCA, according to the owner, and also contains distilled water and a "booster" of some kind. There is no SA in it. It's probably very similar to the 6% you're using because it's buffered.

The stronger percentages are generally used for TCA CROSS (i.e. spot treating). The weaker percentages are most often used for full-face peels, although some people spot treat with them.

Some people see results with the weaker peels. Others don't.

Hi guys,

I'm making this my little skin journal with more than just TCA stuff... smile.gif Anyway, It's been just over a week since i had another IPL (on broken cappilaries and red marks)..... some areas of broken capillaries have faded already.

I just performed another 6% TCA peel on one side with the more obvious shallow scars/red marks...Maybe I should have waited a few more days till I reached tha two week mark from the IPL, since it can take that long if not another week longer for the targeted capillaries to be absorbed...Oh crud, but peels don't go deep enough to target blood vessels/cappilaries so i guess the 6% peel won't really effect the IPL results I hope!

Well, I applied two layers this time again with a light touch using a cotton swab, my skin tingled/burned a bit more but again no major redness or anything...But can tell the skin is drier and already looking crinkly where I applied the TCA..I neutralized after 5 mins with baking soda and water....Hopefully it won't be too obviously peely by Sat. eveing cause i gotta go out then! Either way i figure i have marks on that side anyway so some peeling skin could be camoflaged with moisturizer.

Here are my top three picks for the best skin cleansers out there, I've tried so many and these have been the best : )

1. Neutrogena normal skin fragrance free cleansing bar/ Also the fragrance free in a pump is good and also less drying...always get the fragrance free or you'll experience the neutrogena funky strong scnet that i can only describe as liberace-like blink.gif

2. Skin Milk facial cleanser-you can get this at the drug store, comes in a squeeze tube. It's AWESOME....when i've stayed over at friends they actually sureptitiously tried it when i brought it with me and then asked me where I got it because they LOVED IT!

3. Dove soap is great as a body cleanser and neutrogena sensitive skin oil free moiusturizer is great...PLUS for blackheads on the nose...AFFIRM 2X retinol cream is mild and effective...

Hopefully I'll be noting lots of improvemnt of the marks bb_eusa_pray.gif Take care!

day 2: My skin is hardly red at all just very mildly blotchy and a bit crinkly where i did the peel....it seems like i hardly did anything but i know from the first peel it becomes apparent and the skin begins to peel a few days later...I'll soon get up the nerve to do the 12.5% just on some spots....looks like some broken capillaries redness have decreased more from the IPL i had last week.

Anyway, it's wild that glycolics made my face so much redder and more irritated yet it appears I get more results from TCA which seems milder but I peel more visibly some days later.

I'm considering doing a series of microdermabrasions...i do realize that people on this site have really not been pleased with that but I don't know if their scars were severe, mild??? I think my scars are awful, terrible but I know they're certainly not severe, they are mainly mild with a few moderate ones. By mild i mean they have the appearance of a tiny nick or very shallow smaller than a pinhole dot and by moderate I mean a very shallow somewhat saucer shaped indent. I'm hoping the tiny scars disappear, I examine them closely and they don't have any scar tissue or white in them just look like superficial pick marks...I''ve found that a lot of them have squiggly broken capillaries in them which of course make them look rougher or deeper than they really are...that's why i got the IPL agian which really helped. It's amazing how eliminating broken vessels in scars makes the skin look a lot cleaner and smoother.

FYI: i avoid MSG now, also naturally occuring like in cheese and tomato sauce and yeast, my sin tone is much more even and the red blotchiness practically disappeared by doing this: I always get blotchy after cheese but skim milk does not affect my skin much. I seem to hadle carbs well tho

Hi guys!

just did another TCa application, mos tlikely stronger than the previous two. i used 6% again but applied two light layers without neutraliazing in between, although I did wait for the very mild stinging to subside before lightly applying another layer with a q-tip.

I applied a third layer to three scars/marks that are more apparant basically spots that have some stubborn pigment. This was also a light layer and the area of my cheek that I did the two light layers had stopped stinging and was neutralized with baking soda and water. ANYWAY, I think those two very small spots where i applied the third 6% layer frosted a little- they looked a bit white, like the beginnings of frosting, as if it was going to but then decided Nah won't fully frost after all. Those spots and after the second layer I could feel more of a sting.

I then neutralized again and washed my face gently with mild soap and water. Those two spots feel a bit sensitive, like a lingering sting/sensitivity to them. Otherwise my cheek is not red, just pink in some areas.

I start a new job in five days, only have to show up for a couple hours tho for now, so hopefully my face will look presentable by then! My boyfriend is out of town for a week>really hoping most of the peeling/healing is complete in 7-8 days! last time, i peeled/healed in four/five days. this time I think it may be the full 7 days but I only applied to the the one scarred cheek and only in spots so...

That's it for now, will update on how this goes. Had to do it during this window of available downtime!!! Hope it heals in a week bb_eusa_pray.gif

I really want to get IPL done. Is it expensive? Does it completely vanish the red marks or just fade them a bit?

I know what you mean about the flourescent lighting. They have it in every bathroom at my school and i get quite depressed. I wonder who invented that lighting anyway. Probobly someone with really good skin.

yeah I think flouurecent lighting makes skin look worse than it actually is, I get so unhappy that I avoid it, I just do not look at myself under lighting that bad, i stopped when the perfect skin on my neck and rest of my body, you could practically see the little blood vessels etc..like you were looking under a microscope, f*ck that!

Maybe some 8 year old prodigy invented it and now is kicking himself ever since he got acne and visible pores blaaaaaaaaaaaaah. haha.

IPL costs a lot ($250-500). It's tuff to say how effective it was...some red spots disappeared completely, others faded, and still others are still there. My over all skin quality improved. scars definitely did shrink, but this may be also due to the redness being diminished...you know when you have a tiny cut that bleeds a lot..It's like wiping away that blood and seeing that the cut is really tiny. Some scars that I thought were bigger have become two or three very tiny scars near eachother which looks better..i mean really tiny like small as a pin prick, i did a series of 6 over 8-10 months...I would say if you still have significant red discoloration in the scar, it's worth a shot and if your scars are very shallow. IPL really helped diminish some clusters of enlarged pores so that some shrank to normal. I am glad I did it and may try smoothbeam for a few little indents. Judging from pics, smoothbeam seems to be better for indents. My doc was very experienced with IPL which may be why i got visible, good results.