Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
})({amber

dry spots over pimples....

Ok so I don't use any spot treatments anymore and haven't for over a month. I'm also not using any chemicals on my face, just a olive oil soap and baking soda sometimes to wash. But my breakouts always end up drying up without getting smaller or going away and leaving my skin flaky so when I put make-up on the pimples stand out even more. Its always been like that but I thought that it used to be caused by the spot treatments or BP that I would use on my face. But since I don't use any of that anymore I don't understand why its still drying them in spots like that. Especially if they aren't even healing when they are like that and I use moisturizer because I actually have dry skin usually.

Any advice on how to get rid of the dry spots without having to peel them off?

What kind of moisturizer do you use? Is it hot where you live? Are you against scrubbing? (serious questions btw hahaha)

I use this Aloe Vera moisturizer thats like $50 cause its the only thing that doesn't break me out also it feels great on my skin and helps heal acne and redmarks, but I ran out and cant buy more right now :/ so I've been using primrose oil because it works like the aloe vera stuff only it takes forever to soak into my skin so I look oily until it does "/

I live in Southern California near LA so its hot. And I do scrub it doesn't seem to make a difference...

What kind of moisturizer do you use? Is it hot where you live? Are you against scrubbing? (serious questions btw hahaha)

I use this Aloe Vera moisturizer thats like $50 cause its the only thing that doesn't break me out also it feels great on my skin and helps heal acne and redmarks, but I ran out and cant buy more right now :/ so I've been using primrose oil because it works like the aloe vera stuff only it takes forever to soak into my skin so I look oily until it does "/

I live in Southern California near LA so its hot. And I do scrub it doesn't seem to make a difference...

Okay well I don't know if you want product recommendations lol but this is what has worked for me: instead of the aloe vera (for now) try argan/moroccan oil. Fades marks and acne. Check it out on google, it's actually great for acned skin. And a really good exfoliating product and cheap!; Clean and Clear Morning Burst in shower facial. It's like 6-ish dollars and comparable to Kate Somerville's Exfolikate. They are both great. That should help the flakes slide off pretty easily.

Okay well I don't know if you want product recommendations lol but this is what has worked for me: instead of the aloe vera (for now) try argan/moroccan oil. Fades marks and acne. Check it out on google, it's actually great for acned skin. And a really good exfoliating product and cheap!; Clean and Clear Morning Burst in shower facial. It's like 6-ish dollars and comparable to Kate Somerville's Exfolikate. They are both great. That should help the flakes slide off pretty easily.

Thanks :) I already have the Argan Moroccan Oil I use it in my hair ^-^ so I'll have to try that and then the Clean and Clear stuff too....$6 isn't bad so thanks again!

Thanks :) I already have the Argan Moroccan Oil I use it in my hair ^-^ so I'll have to try that and then the Clean and Clear stuff too....$6 isn't bad so thanks again!

Haha I was wondering if that was specially formulated for hair cuz I have it too... do you think it's safe to use the Moroccanoil on our faces? Haha yeah I was so happy when I found it the 6$ equivalent! Let me know if it works for you please :)

Edited by bek_cogent

Haha I was wondering if that was specially formulated for hair cuz I have it too... do you think it's safe to use the Moroccanoil on our faces? Haha yeah I was so happy when I found it the 6$ equivalent! Let me know if it works for you please :)

I think its for hair, I got it at Sally's because it was suggested since I bleach my hair sometimes:)

And ok I will :) I've actually never heard of the other brand before so i can't really compare it to that though.

I think its for hair, I got it at Sally's because it was suggested since I bleach my hair sometimes:)

And ok I will :) I've actually never heard of the other brand before so i can't really compare it to that though.

Oh haha no need to compare, that brand is amazingly expensive! It's at Sephora and online. I got one of their sample packs and a sample of the ExfoliKate came in it and I love it.

Hmm haha I guess I will stick with my other argan oil!

Oh haha no need to compare, that brand is amazingly expensive! It's at Sephora and online. I got one of their sample packs and a sample of the ExfoliKate came in it and I love it.

Hmm haha I guess I will stick with my other argan oil!

Ohh I've never shopped at Sephora :) I have heard their make-up and stuff is really good though, I just can't afford it -_- maybe one day