Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
joeyci91

search for the purest bottled water

Hi again acne.org.

I've long since known that a lot of bottled water is really just tap water, and after about 2 hours of sifting through web pages and old threads on this site I can't seem to find which brand would be best. I'm not talking about really pricey stuff that comes in glass bottles at the whole food store (although I would buy it if I could), but brands like Nestle (poland springs, deer park), Pepsi (aquafina), Coke (dasani), or other popular brands like fiji or evian. Which route would be the best way to go for the purest (and most economical) water?

I would like to get a quality filter, but since the good ones are really expensive I'm gonna stay buying bottled for a while. Any suggestions?

Hmm... I don't quite see the problem here. How pure do you need your water to be? What's wrong with natural spring water or purified tap? Just read the labels and it will tell you which spring the water came from or which purification process was used.

If you really think you need super pure water, you could always buy distilled. I have heard that drinking distilled water on a regular basis can be dangerous, however.

I know you mentioned cost, but buck up and get a water filter, it costs more upfront but you save a ton of $$$ in the long run.

I'm just about to get a filter and shower filter at my place, but gotta research first...

PANIC

Bottled water is one of the worst things to happen to this planet. Unless you have no safe drinking water i.e. a third world country, all it does is add to the insane amounts of plastic trash we humans are drowning the earth in. Buy a water filter.

The point is that people don't want fluoride in their water...using a brita won't help this.

i'm pretty sure fiji water is the best, because not only is it not tap, and thus non-fluoridated, it also has natural minerals such as magnesium which is missing from treated water these days

Edited by fballer12

The point is that people don't want fluoride in their water...using a brita won't help this.

i'm pretty sure fiji water is the best, because not only is it not tap, and thus non-fluoridated, it also has natural minerals such as magnesium which is missing from treated water these days

Regarding the magnesium - spices, nuts, coffee, cocoa, tea, and vegetables, especially green leafy vegetables like spinach are rich sources of magnesium. (green leafy vegetables have chlorophyl which contains Mg.)

Fiji water is such a waste anyway - do you know how far that bottle has to travel to get to your house? The gas to produce the stuff plus deliver it to you. They're not exactly skimping on the amount of plastic they use for those bottles either. Do you remember when Fiji said their water was better than some city's tap water? The city fought back, tested the two waters and Fiji had arsenic in it :lol: Anyway I feel like I'm picking on them and that's not where I'm trying to go with this.

Honestly, most bottled water is not any better than tap water. The only stuff that is "better" is very expensive and wasteful. If flouride is your concern you could invest in a nice water filtration system. Much better for the earth and your wallet.

Another vote for water filtration system. Bottled water: incredibly damaging to the environment and highly wasteful in terms of gas for delivery, etc as the poster above explains.

Thanks for the replies. A water filter is a must, but for now I HAVE to drink bottled cause it's within my budget. For the person who was doing research, check out beyondhealth.com. They have the best of the best. So the consensus is that tap water is wastefull and generally not worth it in the longview, but does it contain flouride also? That would be a bummer because I just bought a bunch of flouride-free dental hygiene gear and it would be a shame if I was slamming 4-5 bottles of deer park fouride per day.

I don't understand why. Filtering your own water is much cheaper. And the consensus is not that tap water is wasteful. The consensus is bottled water is wasteful.

Edited by alternativista

yeah i guess that was a typo, my bad. filtering is cheaper, in the longrun. but for a REAL good one that gets it ALL out you're talking a few hundred.. unless you know of one that i don't, and if that's the case please throw a link my way.

yeah i guess that was a typo, my bad. filtering is cheaper, in the longrun. but for a REAL good one that gets it ALL out you're talking a few hundred.. unless you know of one that i don't, and if that's the case please throw a link my way.

I have an Aquasana which cost a little over $100 but it's annual cost with filters is cheaper than the $30 or so dollar ones you can get at a drugstore. It's been a while since I researched it, but I recall reading that apparently carbon filters like the one in the Aquasana do remove some flouride when the flouride is bound to organic compounds. You'd have to find out exactly what they put in your water to be sure.