Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So I had my checkup yesterday as some of you may know from the lounge, and it was pretty alright for those reasons in the thread. But there was another thing that really bothered me. =/

It seems like every time I go, everyone in the office makes me out to be some sort of monster. My doctor was feeling around my neck or something and noticed the acne/marks on my arms and immediately talked about it. Then she went on talking abut my face and how I should see a derm.

And of course, my mom had to butt in with a "Can you check her back? Is that still bad?" etc.

I know it doesn't sound that bad but I seriously felt so gross and so little. I know they only want to help but it hurt. It also didn't help that upon mentioning my knee problems she's all, "Well maybe if you lose some weight they'll feel better; you're putting so much stress on your knees!" Excuse me, I have fucking PPS! Weight is the least of my knee problems.

Ugh. So now I need to see a counselor AND a derm. I'm so scared. I've never been to a derm before, don't know what to expect, and all that. Can anyone tell me what it's like? Has anyone felt like this at the doctor's, too?

=/

You have a great figure lyse you aint overweight atall, curves are sexy don't be going all stick. Knee joints are meant to support weight so even if you were overweight it wouldn't matter.

I have a female friend who has knee problems too.

When I used to go doctors with my mum about an embarrasing problem she was all like

mum : 'but its quite smelly when you go isn't it @[email protected]'

She does it on purpose to make you say shit. TBH keep them outside.

BTW i havn't actually seen your figure, but judging from your photos your fine. I mean I wasn't camped in the bushes checkin you out.

Have you thought about just...not doing any of this? It doesn't seem to make you happy. I think people go to doctors and certain professionals like that because it's the normal thing to do. Alot of times they'll just make you think you're crazy and load you up on meds...it's not exactly ideal. My best advice would just be try to work through your problems alone...well not alone but without 'professionals' and without medication. You may find yourself better off, just my 2 cents.

My doc asked me to take a chest x-ray and and I didn't go because of my chest pimples :'(, I'm pretty sure theres nothing wrong there though..

I've tried working off my anxiety alone for years now, it isn't helping. I ASKED for the help of a counselor, if that's what you're talking about, because I can't live like this anymore.

Like going to a counselor, I don't want to see a derm because of the anxiety it'll bring me, but the acne has been here for 5 years now and it's clear it's not getting better any time soon. So while I don't want to, I just kinda have to. For me anyways.

I would be ok if I didn't have scars tbh, I think acne is ok as long as it doesnt scar.

I'd never go to a derm, cause I'm like totally scared of new people in general I think I have like social anxiety because I get scared in crowded situations and i just leave for home :(

I would be ok if I didn't have scars tbh, I think acne is ok as long as it doesnt scar.

I'd never go to a derm, cause I'm like totally scared of new people in general I think I have like social anxiety because I get scared in crowded situations and i just leave for home :(

If it's keeping you from doing things you want and need to get done, you should probably tell someone. It takes a LOT of courage to and I was a nervous wreck - hell, I even cried. But if you feel it's posing as a problem for you you should really get it checked out =/

Oh lyss, you know a lot of us are there for you, including me. <3

I haven't experienced your anxiety problems but I understand the anxiety about going to a dermatologist. I used to feel so uncomfortable while seeing mine, I would dread it hours before. Even now, when I go (which is about once a year), I feel those old emotions emerge once again. It has taken a lot of practice to force myself to be okay with it, and now, it's painless to deal with.

My dermatologist appointments usually are quick. The derm comes in and generally talks for a couple minutes and then feels my face (if i have breakouts) and we talk about topicals and treatments. It's pretty short. Hope that helps. You can get through it. <3

My dermatologist appointments usually are quick. The derm comes in and generally talks for a couple minutes and then feels my face (if i have breakouts) and we talk about topicals and treatments. It's pretty short. Hope that helps.

Thats pretty much it. If you have never been before they might talk to you a little more. They will probably prescribe you some topicals. When I first went I had pretty bad back acne and my derm immediately put me on antibiotics. Its really nothing to be scared of.

My problem was feeling like I was the only person who needs to be there (acne anyway). That sounds really self centered, but Ive never seen anyone else with severe acne at the derms. In hindsight though, I used to never really look at anyone elses face, ever lol.