Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So my brother decided to clean out the bathroom today because it was getting pretty dirty. He is older and doesn't live at home anymore but is home for the week before he goes off again. I just finished my freshman year of college and have been struggling with acne for many years. I have tried it all- and it all got washed down my drain. I have used soaps, cleansers, toners, you name it. Recently I discovered that egg whites will help get rid of red spots (and they work quite well too!), but I would wash the extra eggs that I used down my bathroom sink. This clogged it pretty badly. I also have some sort of mold on my bathroom ceiling which we couldn't figure out what it was. My brother just told me today that he thinks it has something to do with all the various face washes I have used over the years. I don't use the kind of stuff I used to use anymore- I had proactive, biore etc. but they are all still chilling in my bathroom and my bro. saw them when he was cleaning it. In other words all this shit that we buy that we think is going to help us "fix" our acne not only doesn't do that but it screws with our bathrooms too! All the chemicals in them really are bad for our skin and the environment.

From now on I am only going to use the egg whites for my red spots (but make sure I don't flush the excess down the bathroom sink) and my derms. prescriptions. I can't describe how embarrassing it was for me to come home and have my older brother tell me I screwed up the bathroom because of all the stuff I have been using to try and tame my acne over the years. I feel horrible. I have been using all this shit on my face and what do I have to show for it? A messed up bathroom and a face that still has acne, even after years of scrubbing. Don't let this happen to you! Don't use all these things, they are doing WAY more harm than good. Anyway, just had to write this down somewhere to help my embarrassment fade a bit. Has this happened to anyone else or did I just go too far? I wish I could re-do everything, but I guess there is no better time than the present to fix this problem. I am stopping my addiction to over the counter face washes!

Hey dude there's no need to be embarrassed about it. Before I started my Accutane course I tried everything like you mentioned and none of it worked - it just made it worse!

In some cases these over-counter products do work, but in most cases they don't.

I'm sure the bath room will survive :P - Don't worry about it, my family would always say

"why have you got so many facial washes, they are all the same!"

It's all part of having acne, everyone tries everything before getting special help.

When you clear up (which you will :D), you can look back at this moment and laugh ;)

Edited by owen92

I take the egg whites and stir it and then just apply to my face. Leave on for like 15 mins and then wash off. It feels great after.

On another note I just heard my dad and bro talking. They didn't know I was using the eggs but my dad called it "voodoo" for acne. It's so not! It works wonders! I wish my rents would understand.

Mold or mildew in a bathroom is due to moisture accumulation, not products. ;) Use the fan when showering and convince the rest of your family to do the same. A warm, humid environment is just what mold and mildew ordered. If it's bad mold, get it remediated. If it's not too bad, just replace the ceiling drywall. Fix the moisture problem first or it will just come back.

I take the egg whites and stir it and then just apply to my face. Leave on for like 15 mins and then wash off. It feels great after.

On another note I just heard my dad and bro talking. They didn't know I was using the eggs but my dad called it "voodoo" for acne. It's so not! It works wonders! I wish my rents would understand.

voodoo for acne lol Don't they know how common a treatment that is? People use food for their faces all the time, haven't they heard of women using cucumbers to reduce puffiness? Egg whites are no different. I've used em, they really helped tighten up the skin. It's too bad they don't understand. I feel for ya.

Haha thanks, thats how I feel. It was my fault for clogging the drain though because I didn't dispose of the eggs properly. But they don't understand that I was really desperate at one point and was trying everything. Now that I know what works for me I won't let this happen again. And it does make more sense that excess moisture caused the mold. I did used to take a lot of showers and wash my face all the time so that is probably why that happened. I'm still really embarrassed about yesterday but my family doesn't seem too mad at me so I'll get over it. Haha. Like someone said ill probably look back at this and laugh. For now I'll have to just deal!