Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Have any of you guys tried ScarAway silicone sheets? I just started using them on a one year old scar, it's a fairly large and moderately deep indentation sort of at the top of and just above my cheekbone that shows up only in certain lighting, with slightly raised edges and depression in the middle, caused by too much picking with one of those extractor tools on a large nodule that wouldn't go away for about 6 months on and off. After just one night the indented portion of the scar already looks considerably better and the raised edges a bit softer. I don't know if it is just a coating from the sheet, but I wore it to bed, checked it out in my usual fashion (looking in the best and worst light I could find), and it looked about 50 percent better. I would post before and after pics but I don't have any before pics that show it really well, but I'm going to stick with these for a while and see what happens. Anyway, I think they are supposed to be best for keloids and hypertrophic scars but it seems to be helping my indented scar a lot, too, so I just wanted to recommend them. I got mine at CVS, it's ScarAway Silicone Scar Sheets 2 month supply and they aren't terribly expensive I think I paid about 19.00 on sale from twenty something. I'll see if it keeps on working or if it's just from having it coated overnight, but so far, I'm pretty happy for 19.00 and no surgery.

It could be the retained moisture caused by the silicone sheet that's helping improve the indented scarring, that's my theory anyway. :P I'm glad it's looking better! The whole moisturizing/soothing thing really does help with not only some scarring but also potentiall against the development of PIH (see link in my signature that starts "What to do...")

Yes! :D

I've heard of people who have had severe scarring from burns and accidents and such, and they use silicone sheets to bed on a long term basis and their scars vastly improve! :D

I may give it a go myself as I don't think my scars are "that" deep, but just appear to be under bad lighting.

Hmmm.. please let me know of any more improvements! :) I'm very happy that this is working out for you.

Have any of you guys tried ScarAway silicone sheets? I just started using them on a one year old scar, it's a fairly large and moderately deep indentation sort of at the top of and just above my cheekbone that shows up only in certain lighting, with slightly raised edges and depression in the middle, caused by too much picking with one of those extractor tools on a large nodule that wouldn't go away for about 6 months on and off. After just one night the indented portion of the scar already looks considerably better and the raised edges a bit softer. I don't know if it is just a coating from the sheet, but I wore it to bed, checked it out in my usual fashion (looking in the best and worst light I could find), and it looked about 50 percent better. I would post before and after pics but I don't have any before pics that show it really well, but I'm going to stick with these for a while and see what happens. Anyway, I think they are supposed to be best for keloids and hypertrophic scars but it seems to be helping my indented scar a lot, too, so I just wanted to recommend them. I got mine at CVS, it's ScarAway Silicone Scar Sheets 2 month supply and they aren't terribly expensive I think I paid about 19.00 on sale from twenty something. I'll see if it keeps on working or if it's just from having it coated overnight, but so far, I'm pretty happy for 19.00 and no surgery.

OMG! I should of known about this sooner. thank you. Please post pictures.