Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ok it feels that nobody founds this interesting. But I do, since I feel that acne can become an easy way to get bothered by peoples opinions.

Moved to the Emotional And Psychological Effects Of Acne board.

My brother used to tease my about my acne when I was a teenager. He actually had pretty severe acne when he was a teen, but he cleared up pretty quickly once he hit his twenties. My acne was only moderate at worst, and got less severe as I got older, but the crap he said didn't make me feel too great.

ya. i thk i learned life the hard way.

got teased alot since 12. den at 15-17 i was consider cleared and happy with my results. and not much teasing. now i seem to break out again(few months to 18) and the past haunt me again. and im losing my confidence and stuffs.

i was a bad acne sufferer to begin with. i used to go for facial where the lady there would squeeze and pop those things out for me, and juz last week, i go back again after a long time, and she said she was shocked to see my face and even comment that it worse than the last time she see me.

im scared of facing people for fear that they would judge me harshly again and flung bad comments again.

I've definitely been teased in the past. I first started breaking out when I was about 11 and my best friend at the time pointed out I had blackheads on my nose. At the time I had no clue what that was, didn't notice them and so thought nothing of it. And then as I got a bit older my acne got worse, I got zits and when your in a small elementary school there aren't too many people with pimples because they haven't really hit that part of puberty yet. So, there I was at 13 and one of the few people with acne in my school and I'd be on the playground and these girls a year older than me would come up to me, corner me and tell me how gross my skin looked. They'd ask me why I didn't just use cover up because of how ugly I looked etc. And the acne made it easier for them to make fun of other parts of me like my hair(I have curly hair and back then it was a mess of frizz).

I'm 21 now and the teasing that happened back then still hurts. I think about it now and then but it's the mean things people say not the nice that stays with you forever. I'm so self conscious about my skin now that I don't dare leave my house without a layer of makeup to cover my acne.

People can be really mean, and not even kids, but adults too. But I like to believe in karma and what goes around comes around. I hate to admit it but years later I was friends with a guy who went to high school with one of the girls that teased me. He told me how a few people at his school would make fun of her. I also heard from another friend that she would sit with a friend in the halls and make mean comments about the appearance of others as they walked by. Pathetic really. That's all I can say.

I was wondering what your experience was with being teased?

I remember being teased. 'What's wrong with her face?' 'Eurgh her face!' Even earnt myself the nickname 'Acne Amy'. Pretty sad how insensitive some people can be.

A kid in my Computer Maintanance class my senior year said once or twice that I had "herpes of the face". Honestly, I just laughed at how silly of a comment it was. The only stuff that really get to me is when a family member or close friend says something (and only my little sister does, but that's very seldom).

yes alot of the times but it was only a certain group of people... the popular people

some things i got called

your an ugly c*nt - the person that said it never said it before i had acne :(

screams out "ewww what happen to your face"

you need proactive dude

high-school = hell-school :(

I sure have! Like some of the above posters, I've had it from siblings. In my case, I feel my younger brother can't be blamed since the trading of petty personal insults forms the basis of our relationship.

However, there was one incident that really did upset me...

Okay, story-time :dance: (could be tedious, feel free to scroll away real fast)

I was at a friend's place last year for a barbecue, along with a group of other friends and acquaintances. It was getting late, and his parents came home along with his younger daughter, and we were all in their living room, with the guys and I trying to summon the willpower to get up and go home...

I distinctly recall standing up and stretching, when one of our party, whom I consider a very good friend, turned to me and asked, "aww, you tired, craterface?" loud enough that no-one in the room could have missed out on his golden wit.

I was beside myself, it was unfathomable to me that anyone could be so rude... And the part that really stunned me was that this insult had come from a person who had himself suffered from chronic acne (worse than mine, in fact), and had been prescribed a course of accutane for it during highschool.

So, I have to join you all in the lament that some people seem to have no appreciation of the impact their thoughtlessly uttered words can have.

Not for a few years; early high school. I'm in year 11 now and the last time I was teased was in like year 8/9 I think. I'm pretty sure I don't get teased simply because I now work out and I'm no longer a loner. And Werkzeug, I could so imagine myself frowning and saying "fuck off" in that situation. Like not in a way that shows I'm hurt but rather in a way that shows I'm not one to take insults.

ya. i thk i learned life the hard way.

got teased alot since 12. den at 15-17 i was consider cleared and happy with my results. and not much teasing. now i seem to break out again(few months to 18) and the past haunt me again. and im losing my confidence and stuffs.

i was a bad acne sufferer to begin with. i used to go for facial where the lady there would squeeze and pop those things out for me, and juz last week, i go back again after a long time, and she said she was shocked to see my face and even comment that it worse than the last time she see me.

im scared of facing people for fear that they would judge me harshly again and flung bad comments again.

I have been teased in different ways. There was a guy in my junior high school class that used to call me groose and that I had lots of attitute. As if just because I have acne I don't have the right to have an attitute. Why do they always pick on the people that is at the bottom? Why don't they make fn of the popular girl? She already have everything. This guy in my high school class used to bad mouth me and say that I made a fool of myself in my prom and that I am fake. I mean don't we have any rules in this society. There is a limit of what you can say to people and there are definately boundaries. The pathetic thing is that I still think about them I bet they don't even care.

Hi all,

Its so sad to hear that people can be so shallow and insensitive, if only then knew what it was like.I would never judge anyone because of how they look, i think suffering with acne makes me like this.

I was teased when i was at college about 9 years ago,funnily enough it was the opposite sex.Actually just one guy inparticular,although he wouldnt say it to my face just on msn.Nasty,still haunts me now! The bad thing was i still had a bit of a thing for him!!

I'm now mid 20's and people dont judge me for what i look like,they like me for me.Although i think they wont want to know me, but thats just me feeling down and insecure.

I guess you just have to keep you chin up and enjoy life, i find my horses keep me occupied.Get me out of bed !

x

I was super cute when i was kid. lol. but when i hit puberty at age 11 it ruined everything. My classmates scrutinize me and it's really hard to go to class. one day a guy classmate who once had a crush on me when I still have clear skin told me "what the hell happened to your face? I used to like you before but not now. you look gross" of course it hurts me a lot. 10 years had passed but that scenario still haunts me. :( I was super active before in school,very assertive but I lose it all because of this stubborn acne. When i went to high school it was the worst nightmare of my life. Those slutty girl used to make fun of my face,"hey i really wan t your skin, your complexion,trade it to mine but not your face. haha.I only got few friend because i have acne.duh. It was horrible experienced. I hate it when people judge you because of your looks.

Some of relatives was like "you should take care of your face now" as if I dont. grrr.and neighbors keep teasing you,gave sarcastic comment like " hey you really have a good skin/complexion/good legs except for you your face. haha. and it hurts so much it made me cry. Good thing college was good experienced because I've got a lot of supportive friends and dont actually care how i look but love me for who i am. They dont understand what we really feel, It has a big impact in my life. I just hope they just simply shut the fuck up. LOL. but despite from that i already forgive them. I have a very loving family who's there for me. and God. :wub:

Im 21 now and my face is getting better each day with the help of dan's regimen. started june 20. :D

Edited by helloninja

Yup, me too.

One of my brothers actually called me Scarface (like the film?). Ha, that was before he knew what it's like. My dad also touched my face and asked "What's this?"

Once I was on my way back from school when two girls who live locally were walking towards me. By then, I was in the habit of walking with my head down with my eyes glued to the floor whenever someone walked past. Just as they walked past me, one of them shouted "Whoa, look at that acne!" The cruelty of that instantly broke my heart.

She saw me again like a month later with about 5 of her friends and insisted on making a huge scene. It was dark and I was a good few meters away from them walking in the opposite direction so all she could see was my back. That didn't stop her from from calling out "Oi, acne! She has really bad acne, you know! Oi, aren't you gonna say anything back?!" I just kept walking.

In Engish class, the guy behind me whispered to the guy next to him "Daniel saw (mumbles) and was like "What happened to her face?" I just knew they were talking about me.

These people just don't know what comments can do to us :snooty:

I used to get teased a lot at school because of my face and my extremely low self-confidence. Over the past 2 years or so my confidence has grown and so I cussed out this guy who was starting on me about my face. Without swearing. heh heh Funnily enough, this bit of news got spread around and people don't bother me much about my acne anymore. I do get the stupid 'recommendations' from people with clear skin, telling me things I already know and treating me as if I don't know my own skin and must rub it with lard everyday or something

Ha! Yeah, people with clear skin can be funny. When I was young and dumb some guy in a market sold me a bunch of natural soaps for clear skin. He actually pointed out my acne =/ ah well, the soaps were nice :P