Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Leo Messi

**CKIN SCARS!

So I've decided to start this thread. I can't say that I'm trying to start an intellectual discussion or something. It's just that like all of us on this forum, I to have my downs and ups, if you know what I'm talking about. Right now I feel like shit and there isn't much I can do to help it. Why? i've seen the reflection of my shitty skin under bad BAD lightning - I never thought that my scars look that horrible. I just got no words to describe my emotions right now and.... I'm on my work, and still got like 6 hours to finish. I don't really expect people to post on this thread or reply me back, I don't ask for it neither. It just seems to be the right place where I could express my feelings.

everyone that has scars on their face feels EXACTLY the way you do. It's definitely okay to vent... I'm sure people here understands. Just stay positive! it will get better with treatments available now or new treatments in the NEAR future. : )

I'm exactly like you... sometimes i feel okay, and sometimes i hit straight depression mode.

everyone that has scars on their face feels EXACTLY the way you do. It's definitely okay to vent... I'm sure people here understands. Just stay positive! it will get better with treatments available now or new treatments in the NEAR future. : )

I'm exactly like you... sometimes i feel okay, and sometimes i hit straight depression mode.

Thanks Chee, I hope you're right and we'll get the things fixed NOW and in the NEAR future we'll have normal skin. I'm just so fed up of this shit!

i wouldnt put your hopes in new treatments in the 'near future', ive been on this site since 2004, and what new scar treatment has come along since then thats been really any good??... so there we go.

i wouldnt put your hopes in new treatments in the 'near future', ive been on this site since 2004, and what new scar treatment has come along since then thats been really any good??... so there we go.

That's right Adam, I just guess, that we'll have to bare with what treatments we currently have as an option and to be honest with you, they aren't really as ineffective as they seem sometimes. We've got plenty of ways to treat our scars as long as we've got enough cash. I'd say dermarolling for year and a series of 8-10 glycolic peels should do the trick (hopefully).

That's right Adam, I just guess, that we'll have to bare with what treatments we currently have as an option and to be honest with you, they aren't really as ineffective as they seem sometimes. We've got plenty of ways to treat our scars as long as we've got enough cash. I'd say dermarolling for year and a series of 8-10 glycolic peels should do the trick (hopefully).

perhaps, but id rather do a year of tca cross followed by a fraxel repair. ive done needling and glycolic acid peels before. whilst they help, im still here, lol !

perhaps, but id rather do a year of tca cross followed by a fraxel repair. ive done needling and glycolic acid peels before. whilst they help, im still here, lol !

I do remember your post in one of the threads on this board, where you were saying, that your skin responds to acids way better compared to needling, so perhaps that might be the issue in your case, but dudes like shin777, and chee had had a pretty good response to the micro-needling.

I do remember your post in one of the threads on this board, where you were saying, that your skin responds to acids way better compared to needling, so perhaps that might be the issue in your case, but dudes like shin777, and chee had had a pretty good response to the micro-needling.

there is no doubt that needling works, i suppose id rather do tca cross because its just faster. it creates more damage, thus creating more collagen. if im going to be going to work with spots all over my face - from scar revisions, id rather it be with something thats going to give me the best possible improvement with the least number of treatments. they recommend around 6 (so 6 months) but im willing to go up to 12 if needed. then the fraxel repair (the only laser that has positive reviews on here) to smooth it all out. im 23 now and feeling mighty old. at this rate i should be finished by the time im almost 25. i dont know about you guys, but i so dont want to be here forever. its such a negative place, yet at the same time, i have nothing to do, so i keep coming back. rofl :P

Edited by sydney_fellow

there is no doubt that needling works, i suppose id rather do tca cross because its just faster. it creates more damage, thus creating more collagen. if im going to be going to work with spots all over my face - from scar revisions, id rather it be with something thats going to give me the best possible improvement with the least number of treatments. they recommend around 6 (so 6 months) but im willing to go up to 12 if needed. then the fraxel repair (the only laser that has positive reviews on here) to smooth it all out. im 23 now and feeling mighty old. at this rate i should be finished by the time im almost 25. i dont know about you guys, but i so dont want to be here forever. its such a negative place, yet at the same time, i have nothing to do, so i keep coming back. rofl :P

I wouldn't ever call it negative, dude!

We meet people out here! seriously, if it wasn't for this board, a lot of people would be left with no cure and hopeless.

Before I came to this board, I never knew about stuff like CROSS, dermarolling etc. though I haven't used any of the methods in practice, but at least now, I know what to do and I'm educated on this subject, so the shitty docs won't be able to sell scam to me lol

I wouldn't ever call it negative, dude!

We meet people out here! seriously, if it wasn't for this board, a lot of people would be left with no cure and hopeless.

Before I came to this board, I never knew about stuff like CROSS, dermarolling etc. though I haven't used any of the methods in practice, but at least now, I know what to do and I'm educated on this subject, so the shitty docs won't be able to sell scam to me lol

thats true. theres also a lot of friendly people on here too and i like a lot of people for that. i guess i just wish we were all more upbeat.

So I've decided to start this thread. I can't say that I'm trying to start an intellectual discussion or something. It's just that like all of us on this forum, I to have my downs and ups, if you know what I'm talking about. Right now I feel like shit and there isn't much I can do to help it. Why? i've seen the reflection of my shitty skin under bad BAD lightning - I never thought that my scars look that horrible. I just got no words to describe my emotions right now and.... I'm on my work, and still got like 6 hours to finish. I don't really expect people to post on this thread or reply me back, I don't ask for it neither. It just seems to be the right place where I could express my feelings.

I know exactly what your saying. I chilled out for about a year stressing about scars on my cheeks, actually almost forgot about them other than when i put makeup on and about two months ago i was driving with my husband and caught my skin in bad lighting in the side mirror and i was like WTF, I had a "I look like A MONSTER" thought run though my head for a second. Now im back on here trying to help my skin... I think im started to chill out again, its just a horrible cycle of self downing...

Yep, I know how you feel.

But look at the positives.... at least you have a job! ;) I don't...

Anyway... the mirrors you look bad in.... everyone will feel they look bad in, even without scars. So just remind yourself of that.

You ask anybody who likes the mirrors in their work, and you'll see what I mean.

I know exactly what your saying. I chilled out for about a year stressing about scars on my cheeks, actually almost forgot about them other than when i put makeup on and about two months ago i was driving with my husband and caught my skin in bad lighting in the side mirror and i was like WTF, I had a "I look like A MONSTER" thought run though my head for a second. Now im back on here trying to help my skin... I think im started to chill out again, its just a horrible cycle of self downing...

Most people look horrid in car mirrors. They magnify everything (the same as face mirrors).

The best thing to do is to take a full scale mirror outside and stand as far back from it as you would when talking to someone. Dress yourself up smart as well. And although you may not look model material ;) (most people dont)... you'll see that you look nowwhere near as bad as you do in the car mirrors.

Anyway... you say you have a husband, so you can't look that bad. Chin up! :D

Lighting and the way it can hit scarring is a major issue for most that have had facial imperfections. It is a major issue to them and them alone. Odds are you can agonize it, howver for the most part you will be your own worst critic.

Other people may notice occasionally but not to the extent that you allow yourself to be damaged by the feelings of helpnessness.

Look at Seal, he had lupus and very traumatic scarring on his face.

What did he do? He got back up, fought back, followed his music career, grew to accept and even appreciate his scars and marry Heidi Klum one of the sexiest women on the planet.

Granted not everyone has his talent or abilties, but that should show you that you can accomplish things with anything.

Be wise and careful with treatments and treat your skin with care. And try not to agonize as much.

Lighting and the way it can hit scarring is a major issue for most that have had facial imperfections. It is a major issue to them and them alone. Odds are you can agonize it, howver for the most part you will be your own worst critic.

Other people may notice occasionally but not to the extent that you allow yourself to be damaged by the feelings of helpnessness.

Look at Seal, he had lupus and very traumatic scarring on his face.

What did he do? He got back up, fought back, followed his music career, grew to accept and even appreciate his scars and marry Heidi Klum one of the sexiest women on the planet.

Granted not everyone has his talent or abilties, but that should show you that you can accomplish things with anything.

Be wise and careful with treatments and treat your skin with care. And try not to agonize as much.

Excellent advice sportsguy!:D

Skin imperfections are extremely common, but we are so obsessed about our own that we don't take the time to notice other peoples imperfections as much.

Most people look horrid in car mirrors. They magnify everything (the same as face mirrors).

The best thing to do is to take a full scale mirror outside and stand as far back from it as you would when talking to someone. Dress yourself up smart as well. And although you may not look model material ;) (most people dont)... you'll see that you look nowwhere near as bad as you do in the car mirrors.

Anyway... you say you have a husband, so you can't look that bad. Chin up! :D

Yea but i was with my husband before the scaring... wonder if he would of dated me now with the scaring... hmm, I had teen acne and that went away and I didnt have any scaring than i got to live life scar and acne free untill the age of 22, than out of nowhere bad bad bad acne for a year, went away and im left with scars all over my cheeks but not rolling scars just icepick almost looks like someone took a tiny cookie cutter to smooth skin, so alittle easier to cover with makeup than rolling scars, ugh anyway hey who are you calling not model material!! im 5'8 115 pounds 36C/27/36, if i didnt have these scars I sure would be modeling something lol, you too your not bad yourself.

Edited by FoxyHound