Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi my name is Mike and I have bad Acne on my chest and back. When I

was a teen in High School (Im 19 now) I had bad Acne on my face, chest, and

shoulders. Now, 5 years later, my Acne is almost gone on my face

but still horrible on my chest and shoulders. For some odd reason, the Acne on my

body is worse in the summer than in the winter. I do feel lucky that my Acne is

only bad on my body (which means I can hide it), but it definitly takes a toll at

times on my self-esteem (specifically having sex with women, what they might

think).

See the thing that is the hardest about having Acne is that I work out at the gym a

lot. About six times a week. I believe that I have a fairly good physique. The thing

is, I sometimes feel like what is the point since my Acne is so bad on my body.

Having to huddle in a corner in the locker room to change is also highly

depressing.The thing that drives me to work out though is I feel like if I work out

hard enough, women wont notice my acne as much.

Sorry about ranting for so long, I just had to vent off a few things. Comments are

highly welcome.

What is your regimen to clear your acne mike? I recommend a BP Wash with a good soap as a start. Working great for me.

My last boyfriend had pretty severe acne on his back and chest, and while I noticed it at first, it never bothered me and I got very used to it as if it was just a part of who he was. I wouldn't worry about what women think, cause many of them probably won't care at all. smile.gif

This probably sounds corny but my story is almost exactly like yours. My face and chest have cleared up nicely but my back is still quite bad. I also work out about 5 days a week and play basketball on friday nights which sucks because when I have to wear a singlet I become so paranoid that everyone is staring at my back and shoulder acne.

In summer I normally get a killer Tan which always suppresses the acne and hides the red marks but about 3 weeks after my acne starts to return. I am now on accuatane (day 20) and so I am hopeful that once and for all I will be able to wear a singlet without worrying about my acne.

Keep your chin up mate. I found BP seemed to help but that was so time consuming to put on and really expensive for such a large area.

Try some body washes with BP, triclosan or Tea tree oil too, they help to some extent. Good luck.

I'm suffering from body acne too.. esp my upper back.. it used to be very bad 2 years ago but now it's mainly brown spots n scars left thx to tea tree oil wash from body shop. But then, the scars can be quite depressing sometimes too.. i wanna go swim.. but too embarrassed to take off my clothes in front of others. Rather paranoid to let others see my back.

Help!!!! Wad should i do?!! :o:o:o:o:o

I've not been swimming for years because of my mild bacne and some stretch marks. I hardly ever seem to have any active acne on my back but there always seems to lots of red marks.

I use that Neutrogena 2 % salicylic acid body wash. I had horrible acne on my face, chest and back.. Accutane helped a lot with my face and chest but my back was still breaking out some. I just use a dime sized drop on my sponge and exfoliate away(it has some micro beads in it too).. Currently, I am using just a regular moisture-rich soap in the morning and St. Ive's Acne Scrub with 2 % salicylic acid at night(it helps washes off the make-up) on my face. I sometimes use the St. Ive's scrub for my back too because it exfoliates it more(I think using your hands is more effective with this and if you can't reach every part of your back, try to get someone to help you). Massage it in a circular motion going from the middle of your back outwards.. It makes it feel very smooth.. If you still have some active acne, it might hurt for a bit but it'll help clear it up, I believe. Just give it a couple of weeks. I still have scars but it's gradually fading away.. Hope this helps!

hey Mike thats a reallly cool name u got there take up swimming, it's the bestt thing thats happened to mine it no-more

I got some on my back and shoulder too.

Like Parker, I play basketball, except we don't wear singlets- its either shirts or skins. When I play skins, I refuse to take the shirt off completely, and just flip it over my head.

People always say it confuses them, but I've never really had someone from the other team pass it to me because they thought I was on their team.

I hope your case can get better.

Thanks a lot guys. You really made me feel better. The thing that irritates me the most is that my Acne was literally almost gone last winter. I mean I only had like 2 pimples on my chest and shoulders. Its very frustrating that it has come back.

I went to the dermatologist recently considering that I have cysting Acne. Right now I am on the 4th week of minocyclin and it hasn't done crap. I also use these bp pads in the morning and plexion tx cream for the nights. Hasn't helped really that great either. Some words of advice..

Having Acne sucks...

Go to your derm and have him prescribe you a 8-10% bp cleansing lotion. I had really bad cystic acne on my back, but it is now 95% clear, the other 5 percent is just a couple old red marks. Not really noticeable.

Man I did mino for about 6 months before going on accutane and It did nothing for my bacne. In the end my derm said I was non responsive to it so put me on Tane.

I would suggest that you try everything possible before going on Accutane so give mino a while longer because it might work for you.