Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
borie88

Small bumps that get inflamed

Ok, after numerous posts about the same thing, I have finally decided that a picture might help me get an answer (hopefully). I have done two courses of Accutane, and after each course for some reason, these white bumps appear and annoy me. Over time, they multiply until now when they are just about all over my face. Most of them stay non inflamed, but about one per week will flare up and turn into a sore pimple. Sometimes it will come to a head, sometimes it just stays red and turns back into a white bump after a week. If I pop the ones that go to a head they usually leave a nice scar and end up turning back into a white bump with just a scar on it. If I squeeze some of the white ones a little white cheesy stuff comes out, but others are too hard to budge and none of it ever comes out. If I prick them with a needle and try to squeeze it, they will usually just turn inflamed

I have tried everything to get rid of these: Epi Duo, Differin, BP, Beta Hydroxy acid, Alpha Hydroxy Acid... None of it will get rid of the bumps. I even eat very very healthy and exercise in the hope that that will make them go away, but they're still there.

Can someone please tell me for once and for all how to get rid of these stupid things?

I am tired of topicals constantly bleaching and burning my face and hair.

post-99669-1277171114_thumb.jpg

post-99669-1277171114_thumb.jpg

thanks, how do i make them go away after none of the above have worked? they are very stubborn

Nope, I used it every night for about 4 months. It was the paula's choice 2% gel... I have a derm appointment next month, actually a new derm. I'll see what he says but the old derm would just zap them with the electric needle and then more would just come back a month later. Either way it doesn't help because its either white bumps on my face or red scabs from the needle haha

looking at your picture, this is nearly exactly what I have. I haven't found a way to get rid of them either. It really sucks. For me, you can only really see the bumps when i stretch the skin on my face like when I laugh or something. I also am starting to get these bumps on my jawline, the area between my lower lip and chin, and the sides of my face. Good luck man, I hope we can both get rid of this crap.

Hiya,

From what I can tell I think its simlar to what ive got,they are very stubborn and just stay the same all the time.Do they itch,i get the occasional itch now but months ago they drove me mad! I'd be itching them in my sleep.

Mine are mainly on my forehead, becoming worse before my period and easing once it arrives.

Ive taken various tablets and lotions with not much success.

Ive decided now to try and get to the root of the cause and get a hormone test done.

I'm focusing on my diet and taking supplements and sticking with a natural approach, will keep you posted!

x

It's hard seeing that people have not been able to get rid of this problem, but I'm glad I'm not alone on this. Mine only really show when I stretch my skin, but my face just looks rough and not smooth all the time. Have you guys been on accutane? I have been reading that some people get this problem after accutane, which happens to be the case for me. They don't really itch unless they are becoming inflamed. They just look like slightly raised bumps with no pore visible. I have slowly been getting more after accutane 2 years ago, so it's a really big stress on me.

My mom is a nurse and she suggested I try a topical antibiotic - bactroban, for the time being until my derm appt. I think oral Erythromycin helped the bumps go away after my first course of accutane, but that could be just a coincidence. I'll let you guys know how that goes. I am determined to get rid of this crap by the end of the summer so I can finally have this lifted off my back.

We can do this!! haha

I've never been on any kind of oral medicine or antibiotic. Right now I'm on the bandwagon with DiasyMai and supplementing, exercising, and keeping my diet clean. The bumps have decreased in size and number somewhat since I started so I'm hoping what I'm doing is helping.

So after being on the mupirocin for about a week, it hasn't done too much. i might have stopped breaking out but i still have red marks. I hate waiting for the derm because it's just a half hour appointment that may or may not be able to help anything... then you have to wait for the next one, and so on. i thought my 20's would make this stop. NEVER TAKE ACCUTANE

ok, so after seeing my derm, he gave gave me tazorac gel .1% and Prascion sulfur wash... He said it would take 3 months to work. :wall: . I've been on taz cream before and it didn't work too well so we will see. I'm also on a gluten free, low GI foods diet and I am not getting any more inflamed acne for the most part. I think I'm gonna make a log for this