Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Please report your experiences, and how you might extract them..

Through years of squeezing my nose is rough and prematurely wrinkled, what other methods would you all suggest?

I've accepted scars will the scars, but the blackheads on my nose really irk me off, I might just do something crazy unless I can reduce their appearance.

Thanks

Edited by Polka

Please report your experiences, and how you might extract them..

Through years of squeezing my nose is rough and prematurely wrinkled, what other methods would you all suggest?

I've accepted scars will the scars, but the blackheads on my nose really irk me off, I might just do something crazy unless I can reduce their appearance.

Thanks

I steam once or twice a week. I boil 2 cups of water, put it in a shallow, square container, occasionally add either a chamomile tea bag OR a few drops of lemon essential oil (good for oily skin) and steam for 15 minutes. Immediately after, before I stop sweating, I apply Burt's Bees Pore Refining Mask, which for me is a godsend. I think any mask with kaolin clay in it would do the trick. I don't have as many blackheads as visible clogged pores, but the mask seems to tighten everything up and diminish my pores, so I think something like that is worth a shot. The only reason I don't extract stuff afterward is because I'm afraid of marking up my skin, which always happens when I touch it. So I usually just rely on the mask to get some of the stuff out.

Try it! I'm sure other people will have advice regarding extracting them, but I can't help you there, sorry. This method works fairly well for me when I do it a couple times a week.

my pores are very big, masks and things (even the sensitive ones) like that literally burn my skin :(

yes, don't pick or squeeze, my skin is all aged and wrinkly now