Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
alexm

what type of acne do I have?

Basically all of my acne is on my forehead. My cheeks are clear and my nose basically is but there are very very small blackheads on the corners of them, that are really only noticable to me when i look in the mirror very closely. once in a while i will get a small pimple on my chin also. My forehead is really starting to bug me and I have a dermatologist appointment tomorrow. I have already tried clyndamycin, differen, atralin, epiduo, and generic tretinoin .1%. do you think there is anyway they would prescribe me accutane for this stubborn stubborn acne?

post-131596-1277147029_thumb.jpg

post-131596-1277147045_thumb.jpg

post-131596-1277147063_thumb.jpg

post-131596-1277147029_thumb.jpg

post-131596-1277147045_thumb.jpg

post-131596-1277147063_thumb.jpg

Firstly, you are beautiful!

I would be very surprised if night time Benzoyl peroxide application wouldn't clear that up!

went to the dermatologist today. Apparently I have Perioral dermatitis which usually only affects the mouth area, but for me it affects the forehead and eye area too. so I was prescribed the antibiotic tetracycline. hopefully this will work!!!

I have come across this message board posting many times during my searches over the past few months and even though it's a year old I relate because I have perioral dermatitis on my forehead too. Well, I have it around my mouth also and nose and forehead. I just wanted others who are searching to see that other people do get it on their forehead too even though most medical websites say it is 'rare' I don't think it is. I think it is misdiagnosed as acne a lot of times.