Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Prohormones.

They are selling these at a local gym I go to, seems like they are getting popular with the lads.

So whats the deal with these, they are banned in america by the FDA and considered to be a steriod. But in the UK they are 100% legal...

please can those with knowlege shed some light on this,

like what are the gauranteed side effects etc

Edited by .JacktheLad.

I'll help ya. I've never taken a prohormone, but I plenty of people who have. The general consensus from the bodybuilding community is that they are a higher risk, lower reward form of steroids. Yes you can buy them legally for now, but the side effects from many are way harsher than the real thing.

There are tons of different prohormones, so if you don't specify which one I can't help you too much on the specific product.

What are your goals? How long have you been training? If you're just getting into training and think these will help you, they won't. I promise. I've seen kids blow up 30 pounds from taking a bunch of prohormones and steroids only to lose it six weeks after stopping. You need to learn how to train and eat first if you don't know how. More info would help greatly!

if acne is what you mean by side effect, not necessarily. it all depends on YOUR route cause

i've injected testosterone and tren ace in some pretty high doses a the same time for weeks and trenbolone is 4 x more androgenic then testosterone. if i follow the right diet (low glycemic load, anti inflammatory) i don't get acne, not matter what i'm on or how much. so much for oil being an issue..

edit: another side effect to consider, hypogandism

Edited by captshiner

Anyone who does steroids unless competing at the highest level is a fool IMO.

No flame.

thanks for the replies. its just that ive been stuck at 10.5 stone for years lol and want to hit the 11 stone barrier.. its so hard!

trying to improve my eating though. I was looking at 4-ad which seems to be the safest i.e wont convert to estrogen, little dht conversion,

think thats what a few mates down the gym have done. As a mate of mine said though, you might aswell do the real thing since these are just precursers to roids.

im on maxi muscle extreme and its working, putting on weight slowly and my strength is getting better each time I go to the gym! its amazing stuff. I already have a good frame etc, My goal is to become a model for boxers or something like that lol

Edited by .JacktheLad.

but the side effects from many are way harsher than the real thing.

Anyone who does steroids unless competing at the highest level is a fool IMO.

No flame.

yes

As a mate of mine said though, you might aswell do the real thing since these are just precursers to roids.

don't start, you'll regret it. and not even health reasons. it ends up becoming a waste of time (in your head) and money.

Edited by captshiner

no i would be to scared to do them anyway. What I want to acheive is obtainable through diet and hard training.

just makes me wonder why most of the people i know want to go onto somekind of roid etc. esp when they all go on about PH having no side effects and that there legal

Good on you for having that attitutide, getting the results you want through natural and hard determination will feel MUCH better than getting through cheating (of any level tablet/product).

Just dont worry about putting on the fat, you will shed it later on anyway, and IMO being big with a bit of fat looks better than looking lean and smaller.

Remember, your diet is most important, the maximuscle shake is probably working for now, but only because your relatively new, once noob gains pass then your diet as a whole decides whether you put on weight and muscle, bot just a supplement.

PM me if you want and I can give you some tips on your diet/training etc if you want :)

cheers ben, well im not new to the game of training, getting quite strong now. i can press 30kg free weight either arm for 3 sets of 10

but not with 100 %form. so ive dropped to 26kg and getting the form spot on

No offence meant by that btw :)

Being new is probably directed at anyone whos lifted consistantly for less than 2+ years as thats when it becomes much harder to gain muscle.

Edited by ben90

Just get some good nutrition. Good proteins (dont take the shakes), minerals vitamins amino acids etc... Make sure you have enough (more then recommended i guess) and youll build that muscle fast enough. Whats the use of being so muscular anyway. Nobody thinks it looks good when you overdo it. And when you start taking roids or the thing you mention you are already overdoing it after a few weeks.