Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MioMends

Success stories for SD...

Are they actually true? Do some people actually have stability and control with their SD for years and years? What's your secret? Personally I'm hugely skeptical, I've read some but I'm more inclined to think they are out right lies by people to sell various products. It just doesn't seem possible.

It's true, SD is very controllable for some people.

Don't be so cynical, time and effort can heal many things.

I used to have HORRIBLE dandruff. I mean, it was bad to the point that it was affecting my day-to-day enjoyment of life. I tried several products and shampoos, and eventually I stumbled upon a specific type of Head & Shoulders. After four days, the dandruff that had made me self conscious for three years vanished and I haven't even thought about it since.

Edited by Someguy238

Guest Timehealsall

i highly reccomend you to try apple cider vinegar with mother (braggs brand). It worked for me mostly and should work for you.

I used to have HORRIBLE dandruff. I mean, it was bad to the point that it was affecting my day-to-day enjoyment of life. I tried several products and shampoos, and eventually I stumbled upon a specific type of Head & Shoulders. After four days, the dandruff that had made me self conscious for three years vanished and I haven't even thought about it since.

What type of Head and Shoulders do you use?

What type of Head and Shoulders do you use?

Any kind. I've switched around to their different kinds and never had my dandruff come back. I'm currently using the Pyrithione Zinc conditioner/shampoo 2-in-1.

Edited by Someguy238

My mother got SD from dirty clippers years ago in a hair salon and although at first it was very wild and seemingly out of control with terrible dandruff, breakouts and bumps all over her body, once she was diagnosed and given some prescription medicines it slowly got better. I was always the one to look through her head helping her get rid of bumps she couldn't to and put medicine in them and it was so annoying but now I hardly think about it except the occasion that she has a tiny flare up. She uses a prescription shampoo called Loprox and a liquid topical analgesic called Clobetasol and they have worked great. At first my mother went through all the random dandruff stopping shampoos such as Head and Shoulders and oh yes the works, but after it all settled down, she justs uses normal shampoo and every so often her Loprox and she's completely fine. It had even stopped her hair growth at the nape of her neck for a while but now her hair is almost as long as mine. It's no story or lies. She's doing very well and I'm happy and blessed to say that even if it's not "cured" it can be "healed."

SD on the face is a very different story. A lot of people have problems with head dandruff but thats why there are proven products like head & shoulders and selsun blue. BUT there is no SD-on-the-face dedicated products out there.