Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tokra

do you keep everything bottled up b/c of your acne?

I do, and the only time I let it all out and get emotional is if I finish a sad sad horrible book....

anyone out there the same way?

Favorite books:

Ive read A Fine balance (so horrible at the end), The god of small things (alot of pain this family endured and lives on forever), Fall on your knees (so horrible, sometimes i couldnt even read it when they all are gone in this world), A Thousand splendid suns (very very sad)....

let me know any more sad books i can read....

I do, and the only time I let it all out and get emotional is if I finish a sad sad horrible book....

Favorite books:

Ive read A Fine balance (so horrible at the end), The god of small things (alot of pain this family endured and lives on forever), Fall on your knees (so horrible, sometimes i couldnt even read it when they all are gone in this world), A Thousand splendid suns (very very sad)....

Angela's Ashes.

Frank McCourt

The Good Earth

Pearl S. Buck

The Hour I First Believed

My Sister's Keeper

No, I don't. I used to and it's very unhealthy. I applaud you for taking the stress and constructing it into reading books, but sometimes talking to people is a wise thing! Especially here. You can PM me anytime you need to talk. ;)

I bottle all my feelings up usually not just the ones about acne....its not healthy....so I've been working on that along with getting back to "living" and trying to not let social anxiety get the best of me.

Favorite books:

What about reading a happy book? Coming from someone who has kept emotions to herself for painfully long periods of time, I think that in our times of despair it's better to look towards positivity than negativity. It may not seem like fun to read about happy people doing fun things when you feel so down, but actually I find that positivity in books and movies usually makes me feel better, even if just temporarily. If I can live in a world of joy for a little while I end up feeling more optimistic.

And like Lyssa said, bottling up emotions isn't healthy. I've suffered with serious anxiety in the past and I'm definitely not one to wear my heart on my sleeve, but I think that even just writing in a journal can make a huge difference, especially if you're not comfortable sharing your feelings with other people. I have gone years without showing my true emotions before, but once they finally came out, I felt better. It's so great that we have acne.org as a safe haven to share our feelings, because everyone here understands what's going on inside as well as out.

hey I read a fine balance and loved it. The end was indeed sad but I recall feeling very satisfied by it; it was very moving and said alot about life for me personally. I recommend 'family matters' by the same author, rohinton mistry. I love his narrative voice, flow, and characters. The book centers around a family in bombay and delves into the sadness of greed, bitterness, and time.

I might try some of your books you posted, hopefully they stand up to a fine balance.

Okay, I wasn't trying to sound preachy, sorry if I came off that way. If the books you read make you feel better then all the more power to you. I was just making a suggestion based on my own experiences, but knowing what works for you is important in all aspects of life.

Favorite books:

What about reading a happy book? Coming from someone who has kept emotions to herself for painfully long periods of time, I think that in our times of despair it's better to look towards positivity than negativity. It may not seem like fun to read about happy people doing fun things when you feel so down, but actually I find that positivity in books and movies usually makes me feel better, even if just temporarily. If I can live in a world of joy for a little while I end up feeling more optimistic.

And like Lyssa said, bottling up emotions isn't healthy. I've suffered with serious anxiety in the past and I'm definitely not one to wear my heart on my sleeve, but I think that even just writing in a journal can make a huge difference, especially if you're not comfortable sharing your feelings with other people. I have gone years without showing my true emotions before, but once they finally came out, I felt better. It's so great that we have acne.org as a safe haven to share our feelings, because everyone here understands what's going on inside as well as out.

Ive read a couple happy books like "life of pi", "disgrace", "last orders", "midnights children", "the road", "blindness", I just didnt feel anything towards the characters, maybe its because their tragedy wasnt so over the top that i didnt relate to it.

hey I read a fine balance and loved it. The end was indeed sad but I recall feeling very satisfied by it; it was very moving and said alot about life for me personally. I recommend 'family matters' by the same author, rohinton mistry. I love his narrative voice, flow, and characters. The book centers around a family in bombay and delves into the sadness of greed, bitterness, and time.

I might try some of your books you posted, hopefully they stand up to a fine balance.

awesome, yeah, i have family matters next in line, im currently reading "inheritance of loss"... hopefully the ending is sad, the writing is nice though, something i like

I don't keep it bottled up if it has to do with my acne. I just annoy the hell out of everyone on this site by venting like crazy :dance: