Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wicky

break out when spiro is upped?

I started on spiro 3/31/10 at 50mg and finally saw results at the two month mark and was thrilled. I saw nothing till then...then bam, all of a sudden it was clear. In the last two days my ching is starting to clog with little tiny white head filled pimples. This is exactly the way my skin was for soooo long that i finally went on spiro because of it. I get these cluster that are non imflamed acne white heads. When you pick the head out, it seems to surface again the next day as soon as your face becomes oily...its weird...I'm wondering if its time to up the spiro to 75mg a day already? Did anyone have a break out when they upped their dosage and how long till i can expect something poisitve this time...

I started on spiro 3/31/10 at 50mg and finally saw results at the two month mark and was thrilled. I saw nothing till then...then bam, all of a sudden it was clear. In the last two days my ching is starting to clog with little tiny white head filled pimples. This is exactly the way my skin was for soooo long that i finally went on spiro because of it. I get these cluster that are non imflamed acne white heads. When you pick the head out, it seems to surface again the next day as soon as your face becomes oily...its weird...I'm wondering if its time to up the spiro to 75mg a day already? Did anyone have a break out when they upped their dosage and how long till i can expect something poisitve this time...

I have upped my dosage 3 times, and i have broken out every single time. however, the breakout seems to clear the following week. I have only been on spiro for about a month and i am currently recovering my my last breakout when i upped my dosage to 75 mg. however, that was about a week and a half ago and i have only had 1 active pimple since! good luck :dance: