Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
javierp15

My Accutane Log :D

So I finally got on Accutane on Friday and I thought I would start a log to post daily updates :D

I'm not gonna tell my story cause really no one cares, but I'll just tell some quick information about me.

I've been suffering from acne for about 4 years now (since spring of 6th grade)

Nothing has worked on me (Rein-A, countless Antibiotics, etc)

Finally got referred to a derm and she put me on Accutane.

I'm 6ft tall and I weight around 185 pounds.

So I'm hoping Accutane works so I can have clear skin!

I guess I'll post updates for the last 2 days:

Day 1: Got medicine, took it and by the evening I could already see whiteheads forming and more red bumps surfacing.

Day 2: Woke up and I was shocked! A ton of whiteheads! I was worried that it wasn't gonna work but after some research I might already be experiencing the IB. Which is good I guess cause that means the Isotretinoin is kicking in

Good luck! I've been on Accutane for 20 days so far, but I'm too lazy to make a log on it, haha. Hope everything goes well!

Day 3: No sign of change, new red bumps keep showing up. A few whiteheads.

I noticed a trend. In the morning my face look well, then by afternoon I see some whiteheads and by evening I see a lot of them! And then the cycle restarts.

Good luck! I've been on Accutane for 20 days so far, but I'm too lazy to make a log on it, haha. Hope everything goes well!

Thanks! I wish you luck too!

I encourage you make a log it's fun :D

Day 4: Still no signs of any improvement, although no new zits have appeared. Have some cysts near my nose (right below my left eye) and I have a smaller on near the tip of my nose. Hopefully in the next few days things will start to clear up. Still no signs of side effects :D

Edited by javierp15

Day 4: Still no signs of any improvement, although no new zits have appeared. Have some cysts near my nose (right below my left eye) and I have a smaller on near the tip of my nose. Hopefully in the next few days things will start to clear up. Still no signs of side effects :D

Hey dude, have you had any of the side effects like chapped lips or dry face?? I am on my 5th day i and think im in the midst of my initial breakout. i also have not had that dry of a face and only slightly chapped lips. Also, what dosage are you on? u may be on a pretty high dosage cause ur a big guy. im on 40mg a day... but im 5'10 only 135 lbs... keep us updated... u should check out my log :dance::dance:

Hey dude, have you had any of the side effects like chapped lips or dry face?? I am on my 5th day i and think im in the midst of my initial breakout. i also have not had that dry of a face and only slightly chapped lips. Also, what dosage are you on? u may be on a pretty high dosage cause ur a big guy. im on 40mg a day... but im 5'10 only 135 lbs... keep us updated... u should check out my log :dance::dance:

So far I've only had *minor* chapped lips. But my lips are always a bit chapped so I'm used to it.

I'm only on 40 mg, I actually think I might have a low dosage.

Good luck on getting clear and I'll be sure to check out your log :D

Day 9: 6.26.10 My face looks really horrible right now. It's really greasy (I thought this stuff made your skin DRY?) and my pores are bigger than usual. And my nose is has two giant cysts! One is that wretched cyst that goes away and then come back (it's the origin of all my acne) and the second one is near the tip of my nose. Basically my nose looks like a strawberry. This HAS to be the IB cause my face just keeps breaking out. Just hope that it's over with quickly so it can start healing.

6.27.10 will mark the 10th day of treatment and I will have finished the first box of Claravis.

Day 10: Woke up today and my face had cleared up a bit. I still have a lot of brown spots from previous zits only had a few whiteheads and face felt smooth for the first time in a while. But it didn't last. A few hours after taking my pill, the redness appeared again and I broke out again. :evil: oh well.

Hang in there!! I'm a few weeks into my treatment... And my skin is starting to get nasty. I feel your pain. I remind myself that its gotta get worse, maybe even a lot worse, before it gets better. But keep your goal in mind!! :-) Anything worthwhile is worth fighting for.

Best of luck to you!!

Good luck to you on your journey. I also had what I would deem as a bad IB. As I recall, I did more oily in the beginning. That should subside soon, if it hasnt already. I really reached the lowest point I was ever at with my face, but it will get better. Im approaching a month in and things have started to calm down a bit. Im not ready to say that Im out of the woods yet, but its been several days for me w/ nothing new coming up. Stay focused on the end result despite how hard it is to do so. Believe me, Ive been there.

Thanks for the support guys and I wish those who currently on treatment good luck!

Day 13: I'm starting to get lazy updating my log. Anyways today was better. The acne on the right side of my face is literally almost gone. All that's left is bumps right now, no more redness or tenderness! :D

But the left side is another story. I'm still having a bit of trouble with some whiteheads and scabs. I also still have that huge cyst on my nose but its starting to go away. Anyways I hope this improvement continues!

Day ?: idk haha I lost track of days, I'll count the pills and then I'll know. But anyways, my acne seems to be clearing up now. I have less and less pimples each day, but I still have that horrid cyst on my nose! gah! I want it to clear up already!

So I missed a day so now I'm behind but oh well.

But my skin is so much better now. I can actually look at my face now without cringing as much :lol: My parents the other day noticed that my face was clearing up and were like "woah, finally something is working". I'm feeling more confident now and I'm not afraid to leave the house as much anymore. Side effects are starting to kick in though (chapped lips, slightly dried face, some back pain, laziness) other than that I feel completely fine! Can't wait to go to the derm and show her my progress. I just hope that it doesn't go downhill from here *knock on wood*