Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Not everyone experiences the initial breakout. I had no IB at all.

Welcome to the boards, too!

I'll move this to Accutane Posts. Also check out the logs of people who either are taking Accutane or who have taken it; provides some insight into what you might expect. Also look at the pinned posts at the top of the Accutane forum for some helpful tips.

Not everyone experiences the initial breakout. I had no IB at all.

Welcome to the boards, too!

I'll move this to Accutane Posts. Also check out the logs of people who either are taking Accutane or who have taken it; provides some insight into what you might expect. Also look at the pinned posts at the top of the Accutane forum for some helpful tips.

i can only hope that i have your luck, thanks so much!

i got two outbreaks that both came in like 1day. One was in second week, one was in fourth week. I'm not even sure if they were IB though, since i'm suppose to get pimples anyway or i wouldnt be on accutane yeah? Since besides them two one day breakouts, i basically cleared up straight away. As in i was clear after that breakout in the second week from any new pimples, until the fourth week, then like 98% clear until i finished. The only thing is those pimples took longer to go down then normal. Normally i breakout most days though which stopped straight away on accutane.

Well right now I'm 3 days into Accutane and I'm already starting to have the IB.

It just depends on how much dirt and stuff you have clogged in your pores, so it varies.

I was really hoping to be one of those lucky people who didn't have a horrible IB, but I wish you the best of luck!

Well right now I'm 3 days into Accutane and I'm already starting to have the IB.

It just depends on how much dirt and stuff you have clogged in your pores, so it varies.

I was really hoping to be one of those lucky people who didn't have a horrible IB, but I wish you the best of luck!

my dermatolgist has started me on a 30 day regimen in hopes that i can get the majority of the dirt and stuff handled before i start, lets just hope its enough!

I broke out pretty badly one month in, but honestly it was all worth it. My acne was bad enough to begin with so a bit of a breakout wasn't anything out of the ordinary for me. Good luck, you have nothing to be scared of :)

I broke out pretty badly one month in, but honestly it was all worth it. My acne was bad enough to begin with so a bit of a breakout wasn't anything out of the ordinary for me. Good luck, you have nothing to be scared of :)

hey, i was just wonderg if you think this is normal... i started accutane april 6th. may6th my derm took me off due to poor blood test results for 10days. i resumed may 15th. all on 20mg .... June 6th i got started on 40mg. my skin was looking okay but the past week ive been getting requent actives and its driving me nuts! and its really disapointing. Just as i thought i was seeing improvment i break out again. Like you had, i have cysts. They too started after messing with my BC pills a year ago. Ive been back on BC same time as the accutane. I was just wondering if you think i will start to see improvment by july? I like to ask peoples opinions as i dont know anyone personally who has been on accutane. Anything you or anyone reading this can tell me id really appreciate it!

Thank you!