Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jason12676

Jason's Accutane/Claravis Log

Curious if anyone has had a side effect of being more aggressive?

If so has the derm prescribed anything such as Xanax to combat it?

Edited by Jason12676

I think I have been more short tempered but only as I am frustrated wih my face! Maybe speak to the derm about it, but be careful what you say as you don't want to be taken off it!

I think I have been more short tempered but only as I am frustrated wih my face! Maybe speak to the derm about it, but be careful what you say as you don't want to be taken off it!

I can say I am quite pissed at the fact my skin is far worse now than before I began. I'm getting breakouts in places that never broke out before. This is def causing more frustration.

I am amply annoyed at the lack of results to this point as well as the cost and hoops that have to be jumped through.

I am truly questioning if accutane is making the problem worse than better.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Edited by Jason12676

Have you had a dose increase that would cause another breakout?

6 days ago the derm increased me from 40mg to 80mg daily.

The thing thats most frustrating is that I never had any issues with my face/neck - just forehead. Now I am breaking out on my face/neck and the forehead is clearer.

3rd month coming to an end and I can say being on these meds suck.

My skin has gotten worse, not better. I wonder if this is normal as I'm breaking out in places I never have!! Urghhhhh

The side effects are unruly, lethargy, constant dry/chapped lips, thinning hair, aggression and an all around lack of ambition to do anything.

I thought by now I would see some kind of improvement but instead it has been a total degression!!

If this wretched drug doesnt' work, what's the alternative, maybe it just wont work for me.

I need a Dr. House of Dermatology...this blows!!!

Edited by Jason12676

I finished the last Accutane pill yesterday. FINALLY!!!

5 months of hell....I hope this stuff works after all these damn side effects!!

I am not completely clear but have seen improvements on the initial problem areas. Although there have been some new breakouts in places I never had them but the derm said that's not abnormal.

I recently moved and am not able to get to the drem for the last appt - what typically happens when you finish. Do you just stop and wait to get clearer?