Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mr President

Erbium Veteran Members

Hey all fellow scar sufferers,

I've been on realself.com and found the following before and after picture. the dr claims the guy has had an affirm laser treatment. are these results typical?

I've been tempted to stay clear based on the poor reviews on here. But I think anyone would agree, this improvement seems very impressive - especially when you zoom in.

http://www.realself.com/photo/200609

Edited by sydney_fellow

You should always trust peoples reviews over images IMO.

Images are very easily photoshopped these days.

You never know what derms you can trust.

secondly, those photos can be taken only days after the procedure which looks impressive due to microswelling. That's one of the most common thing i see in photos.

secondly, those photos can be taken only days after the procedure which looks impressive due to microswelling. That's one of the most common thing i see in photos.

swelling? hmm i was thinking people had ongoing redness for months after these procedures. so if his skin is white again, it must be many months after. unless the light is hiding it well.

Edited by sydney_fellow

hmm i was thinking people had ongoing redness for months after these procedures. so if his skin is white again, it must be many months after. unless the light is hiding it well.

I can only speak for myself, but, having undergone a Palomar Lux2940 Ablative (and non-ablative just prior to the ablative) skin resurfacing (an Erbium laser) just 9 days ago, my skin has returned to it's normal shade of ivory. When I exercise it does get "hot pink", but other than that it looks completely normal.

i suppose im hoping you will all go, "these results are common" and then everything would be AWESOME :)

I should add that my doctor showed me pictures of other patients enrolled in the clinical trial that had the same ablative and non-ablative treatment done two months prior and the pictures were quite impressive. Since I entered the study at the last minute I got to see some of the results before deciding to do it which was great for helping me make the decision on whether to do it or not.

i suppose im hoping you will all go, "these results are common" and then everything would be AWESOME :)

I should add that my doctor showed me pictures of other patients enrolled in the clinical trial that had the same ablative and non-ablative treatment done two months prior and the pictures were quite impressive. Since I entered the study at the last minute I got to see some of the results before deciding to do it which was great for helping me make the decision on whether to do it or not.

i've been here a while and the majority of people who get erbium say it wasnt very good and their scarring improved between 0-5%. a lot of the before and after pics showing laser before and after pics are pretty discouraging as well, its like no one sees improvement. then occasionally pics like these come up, that show an incredible improvement. im curious why.

i can understand why people could be upset their scars dont improve completely after one of these treatments, but if results like the pics above are common, then it sounds like a worthwhile procedure. i know if i got this much improvement, id be over the moon with happiness.

skibum - congrats on getting a treatment and i hope all goes well for you. what kind of scarring do you have?

Edited by sydney_fellow

i've been here a while and the majority of people who get erbium say it wasnt very good and their scarring improved between 0-5%. a lot of the before and after pics showing laser before and after pics are pretty discouraging as well, its like no one sees improvement. then occasionally pics like these come up, that show an incredible improvement. im curious why.

i can understand why people could be upset their scars dont improve completely after one of these treatments, but if results like the pics above are common, then it sounds like a worthwhile procedure. i know if i got this much improvement, id be over the moon with happiness.

skibum - congrats on getting a treatment and i hope all goes well for you. what kind of scarring do you have?

Thanks! I have both icepick and what my doctor called "depressed scars" but, that I think are called boxcar on here.