Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I would give anything, anything at all to rewind back time. I'd go through all the pain and suffering x2 all over again. I wish I could be one year old again. "Be careful what you wish for." but I truly do wish I could start my life all over. It may sound dramatic. But I would change everything I did to make sure I didn't get acne... to make sure I didn't end up with these disfiguring pitted scars on my face. "Have no regrets." but I regret every day of my life for picking at my skin and not taking good care of my body. "Looks don't mean everything." but in today's time and society, sadly and unfortunately it means a lot. I feel bad when I see someone that has is worse than me, but I can't help the way I feel about myself.

All of my friends are out and having fun this summer; I would've been one of them if I weren't so damn insecure. I would've been blowing my money off on fun instead of trying to save for scar treatment that might not even work. I've hardly seen any of my friends since I started scarring. I'm too ashamed. They all have the perfect skin. I don't answer their calls; I won't come to the door. I always have the lights in the house on low to avoid the way I really look in the mirror. I just feel like I look so sickly and gross - like a monster. It makes me want to cry. I pray to God every night, and every morning I take a look in the mirror to see if my skin miraculously got any better. And I'm always disappointed.

I've been to about eight doctors in the past few months. I feel so helpless, lonely, ugly, etc. After all these years, you would think people would actually have the true fix for acne scars. This sucks elephant balls.

I'm done.

I saw your scar thread, your skin looks so much better then mine, I have scars on my chin and on both temples, aswell as red marks and active pimples. My friends used to invite me out and I would always pretend I was busy or didn't want to go 'sorry man maybe next time' 'not home atm'.

It's a slippery road, I wish I was 11 or 12 when life was so simple, I still feel young but im nearly 20 :(

I saw your scar thread, your skin looks so much better then mine, I have scars on my chin and on both temples, aswell as red marks and active pimples. My friends used to invite me out and I would always pretend I was busy or didn't want to go 'sorry man maybe next time' 'not home atm'.

It's a slippery road, I wish I was 11 or 12 when life was so simple, I still feel young but im nearly 20 :(

Unfortunately my face has gotten worse since those pictures, and I didn't show the other side of my cheek (where it's really horrible at) in any pictures 'cause it was too depressing for me.

Sorry, I know how you feel. And I'm almost 20 too :/ I feel like these marks on my face make me look older though... ehh!

I've got some TCA coming in the mail that I'll be trying for my scars, I used 70% glycolic and it seems to of helped somewhat, they feel flattened and filled in.

I'm also going to start the gym hardcore when college breaks next week until uni (3 months) so hopefully I can improve my quality of life =-)

I feel so helpless, lonely, ugly, etc. After all these years, you would think people would actually have the true fix for acne scars. This sucks elephant balls.

I'm done.

Im feeling exactly the same :( i dont really have anything to say though really, nothings going to help or change is it? hummmmpfh

and im 22 now so i just seem to be wasting more and more time with nothing...

Edited by o_Adam_o

I think about rewinding time as well. Being more aggressive with treatments before it started scarring, going on accutane a couple years back instead of only recently, would of saved me so much scarring. I'm almost 20 as well ! :(

i totally understand what u meant. i really wish to turn back time too. now i hardly have any close friends because i keep avoiding them. and like u, i pray every day hoping to wake up to see a miracle. now ive stop praying. i just dont care about god anymore. praying disappoints me further because i have hopes and faith but in the end i still have scars. i sleep for extremely long hours because i dont want to wake up and face the day.

Edited by quinieleong

Sometimes i get hit with this feeling and I just don't see a point in continueing, I just lay on the sofa awake for hours :(

on my 30th birthday i had perfect skin.

now i don't. i have acne and scars. i wish i could rewind time, this sucks balls.

sorry to hear ur feeling down.

I was just driving with my brother who is like supper hot muscles and hes like 'we should go town and pickup some chicks' and I'm like >.< how does he expect me to do that lol.

Raghghg

I made this video and music myself. It's a collection of cat pictures. It may soothe your emotional constraints.

Btw: if you rewind time to when your 2 years old.. sorry that theory would'nt work. there's no way to transfer information about acne research into a 2 year olds brain, it would fail dude.

Edited by igrewoutsolisten

awee i wish i could go back in time 2 ! when i had the minimun kind of acne.. my parents never really cared much but now when they see the problems they start to care.. i feel so sad right now.. i just want my life back.. with NO scarss at all. . this is so depressing and i cant live like this anymoree :< WHEN WILL THERE BE A CURE FOR ALL OF US? ? ? ?

I was just driving with my brother who is like supper hot muscles and hes like 'we should go town and pickup some chicks' and I'm like >.< how does he expect me to do that lol.

Raghghg

Awwwww do it :) You'd be surprised

i want to go forward in time.

=)

wonder when i have wrinkles and white hair, maybe by that time, i wont feel so dejected and no one will judge me harshly

i definitely want to go back in time to fix/prevent this from happening. I dont mean go back years and years either.. i just want to go back 6-7 months so i can prevent acne from starting! maybe it was my fault because i was studying too much, staying up late, partying in the weekends... thats how my cystic acne started erupting.

My siblings do the same and they dont even have ONE pimple nor black head. I am the odd ball/unfortunate one that has acne in my genetic coding. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH life blows... maybe i was a bad person in my past life, thats why god is punishing me now... idk...

maybe i was a bad person in my past life, thats why god is punishing me now... idk...

i was also thinking along the same line.

if it really is a punishment, i juz hope first bitter then sweet.

hope there will be a divine intervention in my near future and clear my skin up till as long as im alive.

I feel like i have to settle with a "simple" (meaning dull) life nowadays because of my skin. I lie to myself everyday that i dont need to date, get married, have kids, and have a family... I can be happy living in an apartment with lots of cats and die a lonely dude. That's how i seriously envision my future... dull, meaningless, and hopeless. UNLESS i fix my scars with dermaroller or future skin/scar tissue breakthrough that will somehow give us our flawless skin back. I know there are people with scars that have great lives, having a stable career and a family of their own... but i dont think i can achieve the family part because acne scars has made me self concious and it destroyed my self-esteem. No one will ever like or want to be with a person that doesnt have confidence. THE END

Jesus Christ, I have never in my life seen so many disparaged human beings in one setting. Notwithstanding the fact that this is a thread for dealing with acne emotionally, I'm disappointed very few people here have expressed even a slight inkling to approach this with a more upbeat attitude.

Everyone here (including myself) has shunned a more socially vibrant lifestyle because of this damned condition, but who is to say that is going to stay the same? I sure as hell do not expect myself to stay in this miserable state forever. I look forward to the day when I can prance around happily on the beach and shoot that hot blonde a deep sultry gaze without having to turn my head hurriedly to avoid her return eye contact.

Sure, right now, that is not reality, but that day is coming and it coming very soon. It won't be tomorrow, not next week, next month, maybe not even next year. I just turned 19 and I know I've missed out. I don't need to know your life story to know you missed out on some happier memories.

I know I'm not the first or the last person who is going to stay at home on a Friday night instead of going out and partying. I know I have spent more than my share of time looking at myself in the mirror, greeting my reflection with that crestfallen expression that is always etched across my face when I see that my acne has only got worse.

However, better days are coming. However, it is not going to come if I sit down and mope about it. I'm going to live healthier. I'm going lift harder, eat a balanced diet, and wash my face twice a day. I just ordered the starter kit for "Dan's Regimen" and I am going to follow every step down to the minutest detail even if it kills me. I'm going to earn my reward. For there is nothing sweeter than a well-merited prize; the water tastes sweeter, the sun shines brighter, and the whole world rejoices in your triumph.

Sapphire, if a guy evaluates a woman based solely on her looks then he is most probably not someone you want to get to know anyway. If you're just feeling low on self-esteem, then look at your other merits. Surely, there is more to your existence than the condition of your face. I don't care if you're the hottest woman on earth, if you don't even have two brain cells to rub together, then I will consider you no better than that piece of IKEA furniture sitting in your living room. There's nothing more tragic than a beautiful house with no occupants.

Chee6119, I suggest you start looking for a new home for your cats, because when your acne clears up, you'll be screwing so many hot babes you will forget to feed them.

There's a lot more people to whom I would like to offer a few words but it will have to suffice for now for me to simply say that you should keep moving forward. As much as you want to change the past, don't let that forlorn sense of regret destroy your future.

-RJB

Edited by rb3_redtodayx

hey lily, just found this post, and it got me a little upset that its making you feel this way.

rb3 is right and i am so glad someone put positive input into this thread. It would be nice to reverse time but sadly it cannot be done. and just think how lucky you are to even be born, and to be healthy!

Like I have a pinky scar on my cheek where i squeeze something that wasnt even there just out of frustration! now im wondering how long i will have this for :(

i think you should just live for the moment stop worrying about your face, your beautiful anyway and your personality will shine through when you except yourself for who you are.

one of my best mates has bad acne and he is the funniest, caring, good laugh guy out of many.

not once has it stopped him going out or doing what he enjoys!

life it short to worry about things in this detail. you know i sympathise with what your feeling and you must not let it bring you down or effect your life on this kind of level! honestly!

xo

Edited by .JacktheLad.

I've thought this way many times in this thread...

What I'll say is this a lot of people in late teens and early 20's are confused and lonely and miserable regardless of skin conditions.

I have many friends with great skin that are doing nothing with their lives after college and some just sit around and do drugs and really have nothing going for them.

We are not the only afflicted ones.

I have some better looking friends who don't know how to go out and party and have a good time and they sit at home as well...

We all have afflictions.

Now on to the way I feel.

I am always at odds with myself. In some ways I am a very confident and powerful person and the base of me is maybe what some would consider attractive...but above that I have scars on my right cheek and feel it affects the level of attractiveness and more importantly my confidence level.

And i cringe if I notice eyes glance at my skin when in a convo and it makes me upset.

Sometimes I can overcome it but sometimes it makes me fall to pieces.

But I get up every day and continue on. I work, I go out sometimes (not as much as I should because of this) and I try to maintain my GOOD friends.

I am not dating or approaching girls as much as I'd like but I know one day I'll be better emotionally and physically and will make a difference in my life.

I don't know when that day is coming but every day I take a step towards that feeling.

For now I'll just chill, work on my body by going to the gym, am finally implementing a healthy and balanced diet to improve my physique and energy. I am saving money and taking time to let skin slowly improve on it's own.

I will pursue things and see only top level doctors to see what SMALL steps can be taken towards a Low Risk improvement in skin appearance.

I am not happy as I would like and I certainly am not living my dream lifestyle and a lot of things I still hold myself back from...but I am working towards a goal. Every improvement will be good.

I recommend everyone to do their best and try and do the same.

Also, I have seen some of the people's scars on the boards and if you have mild scarring I think that you really have nothing to be depressed about. If you have moderate to mild I think you should be OK for now. If you have moderate and then severe I think you WILL be okay if you get on a plan that makes sense and TRUST yourself and make CAREFUL decisions then one day you will be OK.

Everyone should get on a plan and keep their heads clear.

It is okay to miss on things for now if we can't enjoy them with a clear head...but don't let it keep you from not enjoying anything ever.

I have had acne for a year or so now. It is only on my chin. Its goes in a line down the sides of my mouth like the lines on a Ventriloquist Dummy. I eat salds and drink water now and I am miserable when I watch my coworkers eat fast food and candy, and have perfect skin. It is only on my chin, so I am somewhat blessed.

But, I can't look people in the eye....I look at the ground when I walk past people.....I dread the weekends, because I spend them with my GF and family so they have to see my face.... I love the work week, because I work alone and no one sees me. Once Monday starts...I say to myself " A whole week to better this acne before the people I care about see me....I have been saying that the last 30 weeks, and it never gets better. I look in the mirror constantly. And I have picked up a habit of strectching my face (Yawning) To feel if the acne is there and still painful.

I feel as cool and happy as ever when my face is clear. Even though I only have a few days a year of clearness.

Life sucks...then you die. What a fun trip.

I've also lost my faith over the years.... I used to be a strong Christian, but recent events....and to top it off with this acne pain.

Edited by thatguy86

I understand the point many of you are aiming at, this whole "if I could turn back time" argument... But this sort of thinking can drive a person crazy. I don't think you could ask a person in the conceivable realm of human history that wouldn't want to go back and do things differently if they were given the chance. I mean I'm probably going to do something today that a week from now I'll probably be saying..."I shouldn't have done that."

Like it or not that's just not how life works, it's comforting to a point to wonder how you or your life would be different if a few decisions were changed or circumstances altered but that is futile thinking. There's decisions to be made now that are very important. Things we can do now so when you're 30 or 40 or 90 for that matter, you're not sitting around thinking...if only I were 20 again I would have....

I'm 24...my skin blows. It has since I was in 7th grade. I've missed out on so much...avoided others, blown relationships, career opportunities, adventures, once in a lifetime experiences etc etc etc...all because I was self concious about my skin. I'll never get the time back, I'll never be 18 again and I'll never have perfectly clear, unscarred skin. All we can do is decide where to go from here.