Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
changeofpace

Any supplement people swear by?

Zinc (gluconate) - 50 mg daily

Vitamin A (NOT beta carotene) - 10,000 IU Daily

I swear that these have significantly helped me. Dont give up on them because you see no results the next morning. it may take a few weeks to see a difference. I have been using them for about a year now and in the last few months I have been noticing that I have been getting clearer. If you have oily skin try niacin (500mg). several people have noted success with it and so did I. I think it stopped working after a while though.

Oh and another thing, dont think that these vitamins alone will cure you. They will help but you still need to watch your diet (dont be paranoid about it - just dont go overboard on junk/sugary food) and also follow a good topical regimen.

Zinc (gluconate) - 50 mg daily

Vitamin A (NOT beta carotene) - 10,000 IU Daily

I swear that these have significantly helped me. Dont give up on them because you see no results the next morning. it may take a few weeks to see a difference. I have been using them for about a year now and in the last few months I have been noticing that I have been getting clearer. If you have oily skin try niacin (500mg). several people have noted success with it and so did I. I think it stopped working after a while though.

Oh and another thing, dont think that these vitamins alone will cure you. They will help but you still need to watch your diet (dont be paranoid about it - just dont go overboard on junk/sugary food) and also follow a good topical regimen.

Thanks. And you've had no adverse effects from taking that much daily? And what is the theory behind niacin helping with oily skin?

Herpanacine.

Look it up.. I suck with links.

It has Vitamin A and Zinc, along with Vitamin E. It also has a blend of other things that all help your skin.. like selenium and lysine and other stuff I can't remember. Just check out the reviews for it on this site (type herpanacine in key words), they all praise it, though they say it takes some time to work. I'm surprised more people don't talk about it on here.

Edited by joeyci91

Zinc. This is the most amazing supplement I've ever taken. I take 50 mg a day (with a big meal or else you feel dizzy ). It made such a HUGE difference in my skin, it's unbelievable what it did. It worked for me within 3 days, I had a big inflammed pimple and it just disappeared... If I get a big pimple and I have to get rid of it ASAP, I take 100mg and it's perfect. Really everyone that suffers from acne should try it. An amazing side effect is that I never get tonsilitis (I used to go to the hospital twice every winter!). Since I take it I also don't get ill during winter... It's just fabulous! I just wish all the stupid doctors I saw told me about it :(

Google what zinc does for your body and you'll understand how amazing it is :)

i've tried zinc, vit A, fish oil, niacin, etc., but none have really worked out for me.

One thing that appears to be working for me is MSM overload. I tried it before with no success, but then realized taking one 1000mg pill/day is NOT enough. About 2 weeks, I started overloading (taking about 10grams/day) and I have not gotten any new pimples. I started overloading because I read other people's success with it, combined with finding out that you cannot overdose on MSM just like you can't overdose vitamin C. You just piss it out if it's not used. Give it a shot. The bad thing is, that huge bottle of MSM isn't going to last that long haha.

Edited by Oiler

Niacin is the only thing that has ever given me amazing results, but as it has been stated a lot of times the effects are usually very short term when your body gets used to it :doh:

Guest Timehealsall

whats better, zinc picolinate, or zinc gluconate?