Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey guys

I made a very similar post in the Mild/Moderate acne forum and unfortunately I didn't get many replies!

I use BP but I have some very random side effects that hardly anyone else has

1.If I drink alcohol before application my skin goes SO red

2.My skin flushes when I'm on a BP regimen (it 100% doesn't do this when not on it)

3.My face has a red tone even though I only use it at night time

Sooooooooooooo.

Q. Could I try using AHA+ at night only instead of BP? Is AHA+ as effective as BP at getting rid of acne?

Thanks

Aliass

Edited by aliass

You know, I tried that before and it worked well. AHA works on the outside, while bp goes deep inside and dries out the bacteria. As long as you do one application of BP per day, I'd say go for it.

I use AHA every night before I go to sleep. It's less irritating on my face if I use it at night. In the day I only use a moisturizer. I love AHA because it's made my skin look like its glowing. It's amazing stuff. But if you're experiencing redness and stuff from BP... Well, I'm sorry to tell you that AHA might be too irritating for your skin.. at first. But give it time. When I first started using AHA, it felt like my face was burning off. But hey, that feeling only lasts for a couple weeks. :) It is definitely effective for getting rid of acne though. But you must give it time, as it does leave your face stinging. But the great part is that not only will it aid your acne, it will also help exfoliate your skin. :) it's incredible. I love that stuff.

Edited by fredypops