Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bblah

Are blackheads the cause of my acne problem?

Neither of my parents had acne when they were my age, so that means I shouldn't have it now, right?

It's only really on my chin, and I'd call it mild at most, but it's definitely noticeable and I'm definitely concerned about it. I have a lot of blackheads, but only in the area where I get pimples, so I feel like every pimple I get was originally a blackhead, and all my acne is there because I didn't keep my face clean or something and a ton of my pores got clogged.

I started using 10% B.P. about a year ago as an all-over treatment, similar to Dan's method, but with the 10% B.P. instead of 2.5. I also used jojoba oil to cover up the dryness, so I feel like either the creamy B.P. or the jojoba oil could be causing all my pores to clog.

So a couple questions. Could the treatment that I've been using be the cause of my acne? And also, what can I do to get all these pores unclogged?

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Hey there! I also have a bit of a blackhead problem.

First of all, BP helps mu blackheads. And BP is a very good acne treatment, so i am pretty much certain that isnt clogging your pores... I'd blame the other stuff. Go a week with only BP and see if it makes a difference.

Now, how to unclog them, and keep them away is more difficult. First of all, try steaming them. You can by home steam "spas." i have one and it works quite well. Or just get a face washer really hot and place over the affected area. Whatever works for you.

But one thing I DEFINITLEY recommend is micro-dermabrasion! There are many different methods to micro-dermabrasion, so i suggest you research it a bit. I'll run you through my procedure:

i have this done at my GP, who is also qualified in the dermatologist and cosmetic pocedures.

They use a tiny "diamond head" and put it on my skin, slide it across and pull it off. It basically sands away the dead skin. And it isnt painful. Most important, there are no extremely obvious side effects. You generally have a red face afterward, and may experience a breakout the first few times, but apart from that its fine. I went back once a week for the first 2 weeks, and once a fortnight over the next four times.

Boy does it make a difference! Many say it just reduces the appearance of the blackhead, however if you have it done multiple times it gets rid of the skin layers and really starts yo penetrate!

Good luck!

Blackheads

Blackheads, also known as open comedones, are follicles that have a wider than normal opening. They are filled with plugs of sebum and sloughed-off cells and have undergone a chemical reaction resulting in the oxidation of melanin. This gives the material in the follicle the typical black color.

Blackheads

Blackheads, also known as open comedones, are follicles that have a wider than normal opening. They are filled with plugs of sebum and sloughed-off cells and have undergone a chemical reaction resulting in the oxidation of melanin. This gives the material in the follicle the typical black color.