Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Yes. A few months ago I was reading about 'avoidant personality disorder' And I was all like "I swear I have this". I mean, I have most of the symptoms and things. I may be wrong though since its not an official diagnosis...

you might exhibit certain behaviours but dont let anyone tell you its a "disorder".

you might exhibit certain behaviours but dont let anyone tell you its a "disorder".

yeah. I mean calling it a disorder will just make people feel worse. After all we all just want to be normal. and adding another item to the list of "what I hate about myself" isn't going to help.

I don't know I kinda disagree, it's kinda comforting knowing its a disorder. I don't feel so weird that having acne for 9 years has seriously affected my self-esteem, made me insecure even now that I'm mostly clear, I battle with depression and social anxiety and avoidance and withdrawal. I felt so stupid sometimes that I still felt all this even through my skin's improved significantly, i guess while I was treating my skin on the outside, I should have been treating myself on the inside.

Thanks Jay for posting this and like you all i care to do is sleep..

I don't know I kinda disagree, it's kinda comforting knowing its a disorder. I don't feel so weird that having acne for 9 years has seriously affected my self-esteem, made me insecure even now that I'm mostly clear, I battle with depression and social anxiety and avoidance and withdrawal. I felt so stupid sometimes that I still felt all this even through my skin's improved significantly, i guess while I was treating my skin on the outside, I should have been treating myself on the inside.

Thanks Jay for posting this and like you all i care to do is sleep..

I suffered from social anxiety since before I had acne and it just made it worse after so I know how you feel....I wish both problems would just go away already :(