Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DiscouragedAdult

Accutane tips, practices, general advice - *??????*

Male

Late 20's

3rd course on Accutane (Current)

I'm on my 8th day of Accutane @40mgs a day whereas my previous two courses I was on 80mg/day which worked wonders quickly and effectively.

Obviously I'm furious that now as an adult I still have to deal with acne and Accutane, but that's besides the point.

My first two courses I cleared up almost immediately while on 80mg/day, and this time around my 'New' doctor won't prescribe 80mg/day for my first month because of their so-called 'New Protocol,' when dealing with Accutane. It's BS being that I have 2 previous courses @80mg/day with amazing results and minimal side-effects... yes I am venting, I will move on.

My skin this time round seems to be getting more oily as opposed to drying up quickly as I am accustomed to on my past courses. Probably due to 80mg vs. 40mg.

I am breaking out with a vengeance now for the past 3-5 days and it's depressing the !&%# out of me. I know this is normal, but I'm just not used to it because I've been on it twice before.

I'd appreciate any advice on what guidelines I should follow to get the most EFFECTIVE results.

I use Cetaphil Gentle Cleaser, Cetaphil non-comedogenic face moisturizer w/ spf 30. I feel gross and more oily when I use moisturizer, even though it's oil free. How important is it to use this moisturizer. How often should I use it? Should I put it on before I go to bed? Etc...

I also drink a good deal of water to keep me hydrated... I feel like I'm doing all I can do but any additional information will be appreciated.