Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

For the past 6 month my face has been breakout free. Then my doctor decided to switch my birth control because my period was too long. Well a week from starting new birth control my face broke out worse than it ever has! Literally every inch of my face is covered with a new blemish. In a moment of absolute desperation I decided to give urine therapy a try. Never in my life did I think I would get so desperate in the quest for clear skin. I tried it last night for the first time and will be updating on here with my experience with urine therapy.

Started June 19th, 2010. In the shower I applied it and let it sit for 15-20 minutes while I did other things (i.e. shave legs). I applied it again this morning in the shower again. When I first heard about urine therapy I thought it was so disgusting that I would never try it, but in all honesty it felt like I was rinsing my face with warm water. There wasn't a smell, probably because I eat very well and drink a lot of water. In the shower I would apply it, do everything else I had to do, and then rinse it just before exiting the shower. My immediate observations were that redness was greatly reduced though it might have been just from the warmth of it. Also, this morning I woke up with 0 white heads when I normally wake up with anywhere from 5 to 20.

Yes, it sounds crazy. No, I don't expect you to try it. No, it's not as bad as it sounds. If it does end up working I WILL post cropped before and after pictures. I will try it for a solid month before I give up on it. If anyone has any additional questions, feel free to ask.

Edited by frustratedbyacne

I've read a LOT about this and so I've decided to try it out! I hope it works for all of us... i'll keep updating every day or so about my results as well :) maybe i'll do the same on other threads as well

i think you might need to drink it before you see more evident results ;) but no harm in trying to use it as a topical

Hmm, this is interesting- I've heard of people using their own urine as a toner, but never for acne.

How's it going? Does it burn?