Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey everyone,

I've had moderate acne for about ten years now. I'm 26. I've been on many topical medications over the years and a few oral medications. I've tried the sodium sulfacetemide solutions with and without sulfur, dapsone, retinoids, etc. The only things that have ever worked for me are erythromycin and clindamycin. When I was on these, there was not a mark on my face. Unfortunately, after a few years on these meds, I've grown resistant. Has anyone here tried tetracycline topical (topicycline)? I asked the NP at my Derm's office about it and he said it's not available in the US. I'd really like to try it, because it seems that the only things that work for me are antibiotics. I can't take oral antibiotics because I have acid reflux that I'm trying to get under control. I'm curious if anyone has every used tetracycline topical? The NP said I would have to order it if I wanted it. He had never heard of it, but googled it because I mentioned it to him. He said that when it makes it to the US, it will be a big deal because of the overuse of erythromycin and clindamyicn.