Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Skitch

What do you like about yourself -- the sequel!

Now before the great Acne.org messageboard crash of May '04, I created a topic asking all of you to write down stuff that you all love about yourself, however minor you may think it to be. I remember it getting a ton of responses, so it must've been doing something right. C'mon ya'll, let's go where we rightly belong, clear within the admiring eyes of our peers where acne is completely inconsequential! I'll start off...

I happen to think I've got a great sense of humor. I can always take a joke, and I'm quick with the quips. Por ejemplo, after I shaved my head a while ago, a friend of mine said I looked like Donkey Kong -- so I kidnapped his girlfriend and threw barrels at him.

I fancy myself a writer, and I pride myself on speaking articulately, if in a humorously juvenile fashion. [Cheap plug] If any of you out there like professional wrestling, come and check out my column "Marked for Life" at www.wrestlingdotcom.com and www.3strandwrestling.com. [/Cheap plug]

I consider myself to be a very kind and compassionate person, as the combination of having acne and being overweight was definitely a humbling experience. Now that I'm somewhat clear and fit, life's taught me to fight for the underdog because that's the person who needs me.

Bah, enough of my vanity. I look forward to your replies!

after I shaved my head a while ago, a friend of mine said I looked like Donkey Kong -- so I kidnapped his girlfriend and threw barrels at him.

I also think I have a good sense of humor but doesn't everyone? I mean my jokes make me laugh at least smile.gif

I also think I have a good body. I work out a lot because having a good body is something I actually have some control over.

BTW I am also a wrestling fan. I'm gonna check out your column later.

Bah, no need to apologize for the tooting of your horn. I made this thread so that we all can toot! In fact, I encourage tooting! So if anyone is feelin' weird about saying what they like about themselves, don't, because this thread is meant to put your best traits in the spotlight.

So to reiterate, go on and toot. I myself, toot my own horn at least 2-3 times a day.

LOL, I'm dirty.

Well, haha okay let's UNLEASH the conceit....I like my sense of humor, (can be twisted, un PC, and I'm quick about it)

ummm. okay, I've always been thin and can eat like a friggin' trucker, step on the scale, and think, heck I lost 2 pounds! I actually have rarely if ever had *body issues* (knock on wood!!!) although dressing room lighting could make a small child look weathered: P But believe me my other issues more than make up for the body thing!!!!!!!

Oh, and I'm kind, compassionate, and down to earth... at least i think so :angry:smile.gif

ummm. okay, I've always been thin and can eat like a friggin' trucker, step on the scale, and think, heck I lost 2 pounds!

Hmmm, time to unleash the conceit.

I like the way I look, in general. I get compliments every now and then but only from Asian women. Hopefully this demographic will change in the future.

I like the way I make other people feel. The work I do is in photography, working with professional models in the Bay Area, and I've always felt one of my strong suits is working with people and making them feel comfortable about themselves.

I like the way my skin has cleared up since starting the regimen.

I like the way I look on a perfectly clear day.

I like that I am intrinsically motivated to do 'productive' things like reading and photography. In reality, these are fun diversions for me.

I love it when people think I am a martial arts master, just because I can kick high and occasionally scream loudly while doing so like Bruce Lee. I don't even know martial arts, but people at UCSD seem to think I do.

Well, that's all for now.

Oh, here's the last one:

I like that I have more good things to say about me than bad. I'll leave the bad stuff for the people who don't like me =)

- Chui

www.chewyphoto.com

I don't mean to hijack Skitch's thread (impossibly sexy mofo, that one), but Chewy, you're from the Bay Area? Where from? Lil ol' me is from the second Asian-est place next to Asia, Daly City. And BTW, I love getting compliments from Asian women.

But not AzN women. smile.gif

Great thread, Skitch. We need to work on our self esteem.

I've thought long and hard about this...

I've come to the conlusion...

That I like...

My eyelashes. :lol::lol::lol:

Hmm... and that's all I could come up with... :lol: I'll try and convince myself I like something else and post it as a challenge for myself.

Mischief! You've got A LOT of things to like about youself! You're so kind(to me and everyone on this board), you're a Pisces!(hehe), you write poems, you're smart, you're modest.. and I've seen only some of your post and I can conclude all that already! Surely, you have a thousand other great qualities wink.gif

Hi Poe, hi Elsa. smile.gif How are you, girlies? New word noted, added to dictionary. wink.gif

Aww... that was so sweet. You made my day. wub.gif I'm speechless and as red as a tomato. You girls are so kind. Ooh I have an idea, we should all post things we like about the previous poster.

Elsa: I like how she always says hello to people and cares about how everyone is.

Poe: I like how she's so sensitive and intuitive about people.

Hiya Elsa Ms. Beautiful!!

I saw your post too, you should be ashamed of youself! Tsk tsk.. I haven't gotten a chance to talk(type) directly to you so now I'm going to do it.. biggrin.gif From your posts I can tell that you have a lot of friends who love you smile.gif, you're BEAUTIFUL(model material), I love your new avatar!, you're kind, caring, smart.. This post is for talking about our good qualities and I know you have plenty.. Humbleness isn't the only one my dear wink.gif

hehe, I feel like a group hug right now.. Luv you all!

Poe

Awww Elsa... I did? I didn't think I was helping him, but I try... he's been lifting my spirits more than anything. He loves talking to you, sweetie. wink.gif

Alright Poe, that does it... group huuuuug!

1whippedmom: I like her signature. What a lovely tribute to Elsa.

Missy (who has successfully taken over this thread... sorry Skitch! :lol:)

Oh, lovefest over here :lol:

I love it when Elsa writes "I LOFF you" and how she is just as gorgeous on the inside as she is out.

I love how mischief stands up for her friends and herself , case in point not taking any slack from what's his name who was harassing everyone on the board and how she's oh so cool about it : )

I love how friendly, cute, and naturally genuine Poe is...

There are tons more compliments to add but I gotta stop somewhere, you've seen some of my long ass posts!!

All this love is causing my computer screen to steam up, so forgive me if I make some spelling mistakes.

I love all those hot girls on the board (please keep posting your pics in the gallery)

I especially love Missy, even though I have only seen her eye, I bet shes stunning.

Poester... I like that! Thank you so much for your compliment and I'm honored to be given the chance to get to know you more smile.gif Who knows, since we're not too far away from each other(I'm in Indy) we can meet up and PARTAYYY sometime!.. hehe..

Chloe, I love your personality in all your posts! You're caring, genuine.. oh and let's not forget your great sense of humor smile.gif Oh and I love how much you have to say!

oh ya ofcourse the yupp meister is here how can i not be after seeing you post in here(not a stalker) :eh: Elsa you deffinately blow my mind away in every direction, your words make me wanna cry sad.gif

You guys rock. Seriously.

*hugs for all* Lovefest... mmm... I like. wub.gif

Chloe: I like how she says what she thinks and isn't afraid to do so. She makes no apologies, not that she needs to! She's straight forward about everything which is very cool and offers great advice and help to everyone.

bountyhunter: I like how he sees inner beauty in a girl. I like how he's kind in this cool and relaxed way around the board. His current signature makes me laugh. His avatar looks very suave! Oh and that he thinks I'm stunning even though he hasn't seen me. You get points for that one and wipe that steamy computer screen, sweetie!

Wow... this thread exploded. Lemme take a crack at this thread again with the new rules (at least with the people I kinda know):

Bountyhunter: Haha, this guy laughed at my Donkey Kong joke. He's always got something cool to say, like for example, how I look funny in my gallery pic. *sniff* And I thought this was supposed to be for support.

Elsa: Oh-em-gee, this girl is funny. In browsing this particular board, I've got a somewhat clear (no pun intended) idea of the positivity she brings to this "community." Let's face it, not everyone here gets a thread dedicated to them just because they're so gosh darn kyoote, am I right? I mean in that case, where's MY appreciation post?

Poe: Absolutely gorgeous, and you can tell she's got a magnetic personality based on what she writes here. Hope Dr. Y is good to you!