Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pchic

For the people that are hardcore makeup wearers

Obviously you have to remove your makeup and walk around barefaced at one point, like in the morning or when you go to bed.

So far I've only been on a holiday with my girlfriends and I'm ok with being barefaced in front of them as my skin is pretty clear now although there are blemishes. They said I didn't look different, just that my face is not as fair as before (I am very fair so my makeup may make my skin even fairer). However keep in mind that hotel rooms have this yellow light that isn't very harsh on the skin.

But soon I'll be going on holidays with both girls and guys, it's gonna be a bit more daunting. I have never not worn makeup when I'm out of the house. How would you all cope?

It's not that big of a deal, most guys go without make-up their whole life.

Act like it's not an issue and noone will care, your bound to look different without it and people will know this.

My skin looks alright in the morning, so I don't have a problem until I wash it :/, then 30min after washing all the blemishes start to show up and certain areas appear red :evil:

I wear light foundation always when I leave house and Im guy.

Wear a hoodie when not wearing makeup, and you feel bad about the skin. It works for me. Seems more gangsta with the blemishes :ninja:

Edited by Moseisly

lol I'm a girl so it may be different. Yea my skin is like that too..in the morning it's super greasy but the redness doesnt' show so much, and for the first 15 minutes or so after I wash my face my skin looks fine, it's after when the oil starts pouring out that I feel more conscious.

Dear PChic,

Get a good facial tanner. If your skin is tan, trust me, it will look so much better with no makeup on. When I go on vacation for the first time with a beau, I go to the john first thing and dot on some concealor and a bit of mascara---take one with fibers in it so it works quickly without multiple coats, and a quick hit with blush and lipstick and you will look great. And, if you skip the lipstick, most men with swear you are makeup free.

Or, if you don't want to do that, jump out of bed and smear on a good tinted moisturizer/sunscreen.

Also, every other woman will be so concerned about how she looks, she probably won't even notice. And most men think we all look better without makeup anyway.

M

I agree, if you find a really good facial tanner it would help. But I just bring a few things for night (different than during the day). A tinted moisturizer, a little mascara, and concealer should be fine if you really don't want to go bare faced. But I'm sure it wouldn't be a big deal if you did. I put on a little of the tint, and then dot powder concealer over my blemishes. A little mascara and voila :) Let us know how your trip goes :)

I agree, if you find a really good facial tanner it would help. But I just bring a few things for night (different than during the day). A tinted moisturizer, a little mascara, and concealer should be fine if you really don't want to go bare faced. But I'm sure it wouldn't be a big deal if you did. I put on a little of the tint, and then dot powder concealer over my blemishes. A little mascara and voila :) Let us know how your trip goes :)

why not go barefaced! :) no one is going to say anything mean about it. i used to wear makeup EVERY day and i decided to let my skin breathe no one at work has said anything they treat me the same and my boyfriend loves that i don't wear makeup and it makes you feel good about yourself just knowing that you're able to feel beautiful without makeup and that your boyfriend thinks you are as sexy without makeup as when you have it on. so if those guys you will be with think you're unattractive because your skin isn't perfect (but whose skin is without makeup) then they aren't worth your time ;)

Sometimes, when I have spots, I wear concealer as soon as I get out of bed and I'm on vacation. I do try to put on my make-up as soon as possible. Everyone always thinks that is much weirder than what they think about my skin though, lol.

Yeah, something about wearing makeup when no one else is really seems to piss off girls lol. I think people who do not wear it (and are probably insecure about their own skin) find it superficial when one girl does wear it. It's kind of like "we let down our guard, why didn't you..." Maybe I'm the only one who has encountered this....

I personally only wear makeup because I'm so insecure with my skin most days that if I don't wear it I do not want to talk to anyone and come off anti-social probably....Most people don't realize this, it probably just comes off as me being superficial and trying to out-do everyone else :rolleyes: ha

So, anyway, with that said, I would say to try and stick with only light things like tinted moisturizer and concealer. If you feel really uncomfortable w/o it, then use enough to feel good about yourself

I forget this all the time, but it really is true imo. No one is judging your skin as much as you probably do. If you are happy and having a good time, people will react as they would with anyone. If you look uncomfortable and stand-offish, then people will be uncomfortable around you - it's not the acne, it's what you project! Remember to enjoy yourself!

Such a good post. I've definitely been there and feel really uncomfortable without makeup because my skin isn't perfect. I'm somewhat jealous of my friends who don't even wear any makeup most days because they can.

But yes, I won't feel myself so exposed because I want to see myself prettier than my skin allows me to be sometimes -- I know it's all silly and yadda yadda...but it's also reality.

Anyways, if you're really uncomfortable and it's just one night...there are some color products that are also medicinal to acne, you can use that to cover up anything big when you go to bed. Then you can just dab on some concealer/powder...and if you blend it well, no one will be the wiser.

I have worn make-up everyday for about 10 years or so - since i developed acne I depend on it more.

You could try clinique city block in fact 40 - it has a slight tint so apparabtly covers blemishes etc. Then it would just be like you are putting on your sunblock rather than make-up?