Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Thanat0s

Skin wanting to be itched

Does anyone else get this? Whenever I apply BP, random parts of my skin will basically "beckon" to be itched for the rest of the day. It gets kinda itchy (not overwhelming, but enough to make me WANT to itch the hell outta it), and it takes a good amount of restraint to not want to put my finger on my face and just cure the itch.

ARGH!

Mine does this at night when I put on Finacea (15% azelaic acid topical). It calms down after a few minutes and goes away completely when I put on a mixture of moisturizer and aloe vera gel. Do you put on moisturizer afterwards? The itchiness is probably caused by your skin being mildly irritated. I would put something on to soothe it shortly after applying the BP.

Since this isn't exactly about the emotional affects of acne I'm going to move this to the proper forum. =)

Mine does this at night when I put on Finacea (15% azelaic acid topical). It calms down after a few minutes and goes away completely when I put on a mixture of moisturizer and aloe vera gel. Do you put on moisturizer afterwards? The itchiness is probably caused by your skin being mildly irritated. I would put something on to soothe it shortly after applying the BP.

Since this isn't exactly about the emotional affects of acne I'm going to move this to the proper forum. =)

I do not currently use the DKR, I use Metrogel in the morning (which isn't BP-based and doesn't cause flakiness or irritation) and Epiduo (2.5% BP) in the evening. I do moisturize around my nose area because it gets red and irritated if I don't, but that's about it. I get random urges to itch all over my face. Usually around my nose area, though. When I think about it, it's usually in spots where I have a blemish or a newly-destroyed pimple.

Putting a thin layer of moisturizer on the area could help with the itching a bit. What I do when I have an itchy patch on my face that doesn't go away after moisturizing is wear a pair of smooth gloves and slap the area (not hard though). It kind of helps, and the pain of slapping myself kind of prevents me from scratching it (as strange as that sounds).

Me too! Thank god i'm not the only one! :dance: How long have you been on Finacea? I just started 2 weeks ago and am seeing pretty good results.