Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jb679

some sunscreen help on the regimen

I need some sunscreen/moisturizer help while on the regimen working outdoors. i work outdoors about 8 hours a day and desperately want to protect my skin with spf and bp but i'm afraid of getting burnt so i haven't been applying bp in the mornings, just cleanser and then spf. are there any good sunscreens out there that anyone could recommend to moisturize with my bp in the mornings? thanks a lot

Olay Complete is re-releasing their old formula supposedly this month, and it has SPF 15 (I think it's 15). It's not a huge amount of SPF, but it'll allow you to use your regimen and still be protected from the sun. Back in the day, Dan recommended it as his favorite moisturizer.

At this moment I use Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture SPF 15. It is for the face and neck, has SPF, and is very easy on the face (no irritation or burning) in my experience.

This may sound really simple but a wide-brimmed hat is a great sun protection (especially if you're outside for long periods of time). It's not a substitute for SPF but if you're only wearing SPF 15 you probably need more coverage. I wear one when I'm gardening and I probably look like an idiot but hey, as long as I'm protecting my skin I don't care.

Not really a moisturizing sunblock, but California Baby No Fragrance SPF 30+ works extremely well for sun protection. It's chemical-free, too, so you don't have to worry about damaging your skin. (It's a baby sunblock, but can be used on adults as well.) To make it into a moisturizer, maybe add a few drops of jojoba oil or aloe vera juice straight from the plant?