Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hopeless06

does neutrogena on the spot work just as well as dan's bp?

in terms of using it in the regimen will it clear up acne just as well i like dan's product but it gives me a weird sheen b/c i'm already oily and neutrogena on the spot doesn't, it makes me look oil free. but will neutrogena get the job done like dan's does?

oh and is using toner on the regimen dumb? i know ur not supposed to add other products, but maybe it will be okay? i was thinking l'oreal hydrafresh cause it's alcohol free just cause sometimes when i step out of the shower the really dry feeling i sometimes get from using so much bp makes me want a toner.....

Edited by hopeless06

Many people use the NOTS with success.

Regarding toner:

http://www.acne.org/faq.html#toner

Q: Is a toner necessary?

A: No. Toners are one of those instances where it's best to save your money. They are not only unnecessary, they can over dry the skin. Over dry skin is irritated skin, and irritation can aggravate acne. When you read opinions from skin care experts and dermatologists, most of them tend to agree on this point. If you do find someone recommending a toner, keep in mind whether or not they are trying to sell you one. Toners tend to be high profit items.

thanks so much that makes me feel better knowing it will work okay. it is more tricky to apply b/c its a cream, but i just love that shine free finish :)

and i think i'll try a toner at only at night........i just can't give it up! it takes off what i feel like is that extra crap a cleanser inevitably misses, like some makeup. i'll try to be sooooo gentle when applying and see what happens.

that's what i used for the first year of the regimen, and i was very successful with it. i like dans better, because it's easier to spread and its cheaper overall, but the OTS should get you clear as well.