Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mary2010

I want to get married

Hiya guys,

I have been a acne sufferer and I a fed up of it now. Okay, now I get the occasional bump but the marks left are really destroying to my confidence.

I have some pictures which I can share, they probably look like open pores/pits, but I want to get rid of them as there is just so much on the cheeks, will you help me find a solution?

Hello and welcome to the boards!

I came to acne.org to find a solution for my acne prior to my wedding. The information on this site helped me clear up completely within three months. See my regimen below in my signature; it's evolved over time though.

But for scarring, actual indented scars, more time and effort and cash flow will be required. Please do not expect indented scars to go away completely within a few months. Some people have some success with different types of lasers. Check out the laser/light acne forum.

I have found good success with a topical retinoid (search for that in the scars forum) and a glycolic acid preparation. I've also done a TCA CROSS and TCA peels. Do also search for those, but I'd recommend having a professional do those unless you're absolutely PERFECT at following directions, researching, and looking at the entire process from beginning to end before you even buy your supplies (of any type, for ANY procedure, actually).

I'll move this to the Scar Treatments http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Scar-treatments-f7.html forum. Be sure to read the pinned posts at the top of that forum for some excellent ideas on scarring. Read: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/FAQ-SUMMA...S-TR-t5996.html It's particularly helpful and one good place to start. Also use the search tool once you've discovered what type of scars you have and find out what others have used for correcting or improving their scars. There are so many options but the type of scars you have will really sort of help you in the right direction for treatment.

New posters can't post links as that's an anti-spam measure but you can post attachments into your post, uploaded from your own computer images.

I just want a girlfriend lol

I've heard of girls liking old men.... but I don't think that counts for 19 year old guys with the skin of a 50 year old. haha ;)

I have heard very good things about Rosa Mosqueta oil for acne scars. But you have to be very careful with it apparently. It can make you break out if you use it too liberally, so you must apply it very sparingly. You MUST not use it on or near active acne. It provides the nutrients to allow your skin to correct the scar, and the new skin grows up from underneath. It is also even good for old acne scars, I have read.

Some information and testimonials here:

Please excuse me if this link does not work, as I am a newbie.

Has anyone else had any good results with this?

Some people have seen my skin and they find it okay but I don't. It is frustrating. I think I will wait till I can post links so I can put up pictures. What is the best way of rmeoving open pores? Closing them I mean. I just want even skin.

what does glycotic acid do?

and ive read from a previous post that you get it from avon wynee?

is so whcih one and would you reccoment on a few sring and red marks.

im on dkr at the moment

Some people have seen my skin and they find it okay but I don't. It is frustrating. I think I will wait till I can post links so I can put up pictures. What is the best way of rmeoving open pores? Closing them I mean. I just want even skin.

We all think our skin looks worse than other people do and thats because we obsess over our skin so much.

We look at our skin under bad lighting and bad angles to expose all our faults.

But thats really not the way people see us in general.

You'll look at other people and tell them they look fine, but I bet they won't think so.

im on dkr at the moment

Try retin-a if you're not using it. I've been using retin-a(cream .025%) a lot lately and I believe it's getting rid of my red marks. I know for sure it is making my marks lighter but overall, my face is red. So, it might be an illusion.

Edited by ItHurtsToLook

ive used retin a previously to help clear my acne but it just wasnt for my skin it wouldnt tolerate it tbh

im on dkr at the moment

Glycolic acid is a chemical exfoliant. You can read about various member recommended glycolic acid products in the link in my signature that starts "Glycolic Acid..."

Adding in an exfoliative treatment, particularly glycolic acid, while you're still in the early stages of DKR OR not clear yet, is not a good idea at all. Wait until you're clear. Then consider adding in something like Lac Hydrin 5 (a milder exfoliant that's also a humectant - draws water to the skin).

TCA cross for open pores.

Get on a topical retinoid like the poster recommended.

Getting on a good skin regimen first is most important. Topical retinoid, light face wash like cetaphil, sun protection, goos moisturizer.

That sohuld be your first step. Go meet with a good derm and start on a plan based on this.

I don't think make up works as it just shows the pores.

Okay I've attached a picture of one cheek. It's like my cheeks are covered with open pores and when there are so many it looks horrible.

Is there a solution?

post-131593-1277132328_thumb.jpg

post-131593-1277132328_thumb.jpg

Hey there,

Honestly after looking at your pic, even though its alittle shacky of a pic, I can see that even though you do have scattered scaring/enlarged pores/ scared pores the scars you have dont look large just scattered, I think peels might help but I guess that depends on the depth of the scars which is hard to see in the pic but they do look on the small side as far each seperatly goes.

With that very mild discoloration and very mild enlarged pores, I'd suggest a retinoid. The picture's really blurry but I can't really see anything wrong with your skin at all. Perhaps try counseling instead.

There are multiple types of peels. Do read the scar treatments pinned posts that I linked above to give you an idea of what peels might be suitable.

I have the exact same problem, and my cheeks look exactly like that picture. Therefore I understand how you feel. I wouldn't be so upset if I only had a couple of these large/scarred pores, but they're everywhere, which makes my face look horrible - like an orange peel. I've used retinoids and hydroxy acids which have seemed to make the problem worse - can't say if the same thing would happen to you. But I'm thinking about getting glycolic peels or a TCA peel from a professional, and if I see any improvement I'll start doing them myself.

Go to http://www.realself.com/find , click on the city closest to you, and under Cosmetic procedures & plastic surgery in ______ (on the right side), click on Glycolic Peel and/or TCA Peel and you'll find the best doctors.

Please let me know if you find something that works out for you : )

I'm gonna call them and see what they can do.

For skin with ice-prick marks like mine (a lot on each cheek) - what is the best makeup?

I tried dermalogica concealer but I can still see dents : |

Nothing will get rid of them. You have to just minimize how they look. Microdermabrasion can be good if they're not too deep or retinoids. IMO, peels just strip the skin and really don't build collagen -- they think out the skin.

My mom had very visible pores and I gave her a DDF glycolic acid wash and she was amazed at how they were minimized. She doesn't use products really but she uses that :)

I don't think make up works as it just shows the pores.

Okay I've attached a picture of one cheek. It's like my cheeks are covered with open pores and when there are so many it looks horrible.

Is there a solution?

Try Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse I have the exact same thing on my nose and chin and cheeks and it doesn't sink in like others. It also doesn't clog too badly either:)