Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jess22

2nd week on Epiduo

Hey guys,

I'm 22 and I'm having a horrible experience with Epiduo. I've been on it for almost 2 weeks now and I've recently been experiencing intense burning on my face, I've got red blotches on places that use to have pimples, and I also have peeling and scaling. My doctor prescribed Epiduo along with Solodyn 65mg. I have mild acne, but since I've been using Epiduo my face looks worse. It has been getting rid of my pimples, but it has left some red spots on my face. I know acne medications take about 2 months to begin working properly, but I think it would be best if I stop using it. Can anyone whose had my same experience tell me how long it takes for the redness to go away?

Hey guys,

I'm 22 and I'm having a horrible experience with Epiduo. I've been on it for almost 2 weeks now and I've recently been experiencing intense burning on my face, I've got red blotches on places that use to have pimples, and I also have peeling and scaling. My doctor prescribed Epiduo along with Solodyn 65mg. I have mild acne, but since I've been using Epiduo my face looks worse. It has been getting rid of my pimples, but it has left some red spots on my face. I know acne medications take about 2 months to begin working properly, but I think it would be best if I stop using it. Can anyone whose had my same experience tell me how long it takes for the redness to go away?

Ya I've been using Epiduo for about a month and my acne got worse. But it says on the warnings lable that theres a chance it might get worse in the beginning. I've also heard that it burn if you use it incorrectly. Like you have to wait for your face to fully dry before apply the medication. Also sometimes if you mix medicines it will burn. Mine doesnt burn. And im thinking that the red blotches are scars. Give it time. Its only been 2 weeks. When you get to my point where you have been using it for about a month and it sill is really bad then I would start to get worried. But you just have to give it time. In this next few weeks dont try any new products on your head. You dont want to counter react the medicince. If the burning still is going on after another 2 weeks try slowly changing some of your face product some just might be too harsh with Epiduo on your face and its peeling and burning it.

When I first used Epiduo it burned. Because of that, I ceased using it for a couple days. This was a very smart choice because if I had continued using it on already irritated skin I could have made my face much worse. After a few days of using nothing much moisturizer on my face it felt normal again. I used the Epiduo again. This time it burned less. I then waited a few days before using it again.

I feel like that was the best way to break in the Epiduo. I know it says to use it every night, but only YOU know what is best for your skin. I can now use Epiduo everyday without any irritation and it works great. The Benzoyl Peroxide in it has brought down the bumpiness and the Adapalene has began clearing scars. I've only been on it 2-3 weeks and I've already noticed results.

Are you using the Epiduo every night? If so, I would recommend that you stop using it until your burning and irritation clears up and you get your face nice and moisturized. Once you achieve that, break in the Epiduo slowly.

Also, here is something important that I learned: Do not put on moisturizer right before/after the Epiduo! This will cause intense burning, at least in my experience. After you have slept with the Epiduo on your face and wake up, you can wash it off and then put on your moisturizer.

Edited by Kate Alaina