Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lisa14

WHICH lighting truly shows what your skin looks like?

I know I'm supposed to go outside, but should I stand in shade, right under a tree, or should I let the sun hit my face, etc? I'm just so sick of being fooled into thinking my skin looks good when it doesnt. I want to REALLY know how other people perceive it.

I know I'm supposed to go outside, but should I stand in shade, right under a tree, or should I let the sun hit my face, etc? I'm just so sick of being fooled into thinking my skin looks good when it doesnt. I want to REALLY know how other people perceive it.

Diff lighting makes your skin look worse/better in all of us. I know sometimes my skin looks better in day light than under fluorescent light. Other days it does not, also always depends on the light and mirror. I know the other day driving to work in morning it was cloudy and rainy and my skin look like absolute shit in that dimmer light. All my red marks were really emphasized, it made me so depressed.

Sometimes bright light/sunlight makes my skin look better cuz of all the light reflecting off my face, at least I think that's how it works :S haha

As for 'what your skin looks like' I guess one of those huge bright Derm lights they have to see your skin better, they show what your skin really looks like.

Edited by Geeking

it depends on so many things, its hard to say. but i know one thing: walmart lighting makes my skin look horribleee. i was trying on sunglasses today and when i looked in the mirror i was kinda freaked out because in the mirror at home it looked so much better. some ppl would say its the fluorescent lighting but some places with fluorescent lights make my skin look better...ughh tough times..lol

it depends on so many things, its hard to say. but i know one thing: walmart lighting makes my skin look horribleee. i was trying on sunglasses today and when i looked in the mirror i was kinda freaked out because in the mirror at home it looked so much better. some ppl would say its the fluorescent lighting but some places with fluorescent lights make my skin look better...ughh tough times..lol

I guess this question will never be answered then. How can anyone really know? Its all so subjective and you can never control all the variables.... :doubt::wall:

i think those veh veh bright white light make skin look worst, like mine.

some dimer light can make those red spots stand out for me.

for me, those orange-ish light seem to camouflage most of my acne...

There is no "true" self image.

The physcial appearance or living organisms or objects is nothing more than how light reflects off angles.

You are always going to look different under different lighting, and so will everybody else.

But you never take any notice to other peoples changes under different lighting, so they aren't going to take any notice to your appearance under different lighting either, only you will.

Everybody thinks they look bad at certain angles.

And majority of people think they look horrid in natural sunlight.... not because they do, but because they arent used to seeing themselfs exposed in such great detail.