Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Syn1122

Questions for experts?.

1)I was just wondering if TCA peels could improve scaring?, And pitted scars?.

2)What are the long term effect of Derma rolling does anyone know?.

3)Isnt Tca cross method just another form of derma rolling except more precied ,

last question Has anyone Had there scars removed by either method?.

3)Isnt Tca cross method just another form of derma rolling except more precied ,

Hey there,

Im about to do a 20% TCA peel for the first time in about two weeks, ive done cross myself and have had good results but still need to do more of them. I believe if you do the TCA peel right and care for your skin after it could make your scars look softer with time, it wont happen with one peel unless you have very superfical scaring from what ive been told. Listen to this, so I was doing a .99% TCA cross treatment one time and didnt have any gloves left at the time, so i just did it without them and guess what happened, I didnt realize it but some of the tca had ran down the toothpick on to me fingers, all of the sudden i felt a burning that was so unbearable and horrible on my pointer and middle fingers. I looked at my hand and saw my fingers were bright white and immidiatly rinsed under cold water, it took a good 10 min for the burning to stop, about TWO weeks later very very VERY thick skin peeled off, I was carefull not to pull it. I had a scar on my pointer from when I was 12 and stuck my hand in a fan and I thought for sure I would have scared or something but it turned out that those two fingers now look like a newborn babies skin, I mean they really look untouched by the world and the scar is completely gone. So after this experience I realized that if i could slowly over time do the peels on my face at 20%, I should get good results on the acne scars. Ill keep you updated.

PS: do not, I repeat do not put cross treatment TCA on anything except when doing your cross inside scars, I got lucky as hell the .99% TCA didnt deform me for life!!

Edited by FoxyHound

nice story =) i was wondering since acne pitting scars and rolling scars are held in from scar tissue under the skin i was just wondering how peeling would help ?, since its alot deeper than what the penertration of the acid could achieve ?.

the scar tissues that hold the scar in place is deep under the skin, just really trying to figure out how the acid would fill that scar up with out breaking the scar tissue under the skin ?.

just something ive been wondering

nice story =) i was wondering since acne pitting scars and rolling scars are held in from scar tissue under the skin i was just wondering how peeling would help ?, since its alot deeper than what the penertration of the acid could achieve ?.

the scar tissues that hold the scar in place is deep under the skin, just really trying to figure out how the acid would fill that scar up with out breaking the scar tissue under the skin ?.

just something ive been wondering

I know its confusing, if tca peel is used to peel away skin to show new untouched skin under than how can puttin TCA in scars make them plump up to the surface (boxcar or rolling acars) or close in on itself (icepick scars). Well, I have done alot of reading and research on TCA and I realize that not all info is true or carved in stone but it goes like this. The higher % TCA (50% to 99%, some do use 20% when first starting) that is used in cross renews the scar tissue causing collagen to rush to the site, remodeling the scar (remember you are pushing with a toothpick directly into the scar tissue with a high concentration of TCA). Since when doing a peel you use a lower % TCA (under 25%) you are just resurfacing the skin. I understand what you are saying about the scar being deeper than the TCA peel can reach and this is true but you can start to soften the edges of the scar. Im not talking about getting rid of the scars, I believe the cross and TCA peel combo method is mainly used to make the scars look more skin level, not to actually get rid of them, the cross bringing them to the surface and the peel evening it all out. It well take a regular regiment of doing TCA peels every month and a half to 2 months for a year I would think for moderate scaring.

Hey FoxyHound,

That is a hopeful story. Was the scar on your finger indented?

Hey there,

Im about to do a 20% TCA peel for the first time in about two weeks, ive done cross myself and have had good results but still need to do more of them. I believe if you do the TCA peel right and care for your skin after it could make your scars look softer with time, it wont happen with one peel unless you have very superfical scaring from what ive been told. Listen to this, so I was doing a .99% TCA cross treatment one time and didnt have any gloves left at the time, so i just did it without them and guess what happened, I didnt realize it but some of the tca had ran down the toothpick on to me fingers, all of the sudden i felt a burning that was so unbearable and horrible on my pointer and middle fingers. I looked at my hand and saw my fingers were bright white and immidiatly rinsed under cold water, it took a good 10 min for the burning to stop, about TWO weeks later very very VERY thick skin peeled off, I was carefull not to pull it. I had a scar on my pointer from when I was 12 and stuck my hand in a fan and I thought for sure I would have scared or something but it turned out that those two fingers now look like a newborn babies skin, I mean they really look untouched by the world and the scar is completely gone. So after this experience I realized that if i could slowly over time do the peels on my face at 20%, I should get good results on the acne scars. Ill keep you updated.

PS: do not, I repeat do not put cross treatment TCA on anything except when doing your cross inside scars, I got lucky as hell the .99% TCA didnt deform me for life!!

It was sorta indented, small line indents in it from where my finger would wrinkly when it bent but it wasnt raised, more skin level with line indents going down it veritically. When my fingers peeled, im not kidding it was some thick skin that came off, like as thick as if you got your lunch meat sliced thick, I was freaking out, but it was ok thankfully.

Edited by FoxyHound

Well I am glad it worked out well for you. It sounds a little unnerving though. As a vegetarian, I would like to thank you for the skin/lunch meat image. :)

It was sorta indented, small line indents in it from where my finger would wrinkly when it bent but it wasnt raised, more skin level with line indents going down it veritically. When my fingers peeled, im not kidding it was some thick skin that came off, like as thick as if you got your lunch meat sliced thick, I was freaking out, but it was ok thankfully.

Well I am glad it worked out well for you. It sounds a little unnerving though. As a vegetarian, I would like to thank you for the skin/lunch meat image. :)

hehe no problem :dance: