Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

well i think i really need help from you guys.

DKR has really helped control my acne and it has become much better that it was HOWEVER i have few red marks/scaring on my right cheek and i tend to get, i think a few maybe 2/3 clogged pores on my left which after a loooog time become a pimple and inflamed (i know this from my own experience) so i was wondering what could help me

aha or bha? what is the difference and how can i add these to my current regimen? what do you guys do

i just wanted to know before i buy these products as i have already wasted ALOT of money on products. also i was wondering do u get a purging when you start them. i really wouldnt want that right naw

anyways help would be much appreciated.

thanks

ok

I am not an expert, but I do know a little

*aha (glycolic acid, lactic acid....) is a water soluble acid and will do mostly surface exfoliation

*bha (salicylic acid) is oil soluble and therefore can penetrate the skin and help exfoliate into the pores. This is why it is often marketed for blackheads and acne.

I think that BHA is the obvious choice. Some products with BHA to look into would be the red box stridex pads, the neutrogena 3 in 1 hydrating treatment and any Paula's choice 2% BHA products http://www.paulaschoice.com/category/bha-a...__utmk=71970963

Salicylic acid interferes with benzoyl peroxide so maybe use one type of treatment in the morning and one in the evening, or just treat your cheeks with the salicylic acid only for a while and see how it goes. Also, you may purge some.... but it shouldn't be horrific or anything, just the clogs in your pores making there way out.

Edited by chipped