Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BeauDomino

Accutane make oil WORSE before it gets better?

Hi everybody,

I'm 1 week into 40 mg Accutane daily. My skin has gotten OILIER than it was a week ago! (I didn't think that was possible. It was already oilier than the gulf of mexico.) Is this normal? Will it go away? Should I discuss it with my doctor next time I am there?

Thanks!!

im just past the two week 40 mg & my face is a lot less oily then it has been & starting to dry out. the accutane is going to bring everything out first before you start to clear

if you havent go through some of the accutane logs it might give you a little heads up on what to expect

best of luck on your course

when i started the first 4 days no oil, no breakouts. then after that the next four days were oiler then usual. now its all subsiding and im getting dry as hell. if i were i would just wash your face in the morning and after u get home from school. don't put moisturizer on until you start feeling dry after your wash.

You may get more oily but just wait a few weeks and you will be really dry...it seemed to happen over night for my son! His hair was also extremely oil and looked like it needed to be washed after 5 hours of a shower and now it is amazing!! His face was always shiny and now it just looks perfect and he is only on day 33!

Good luck to you!