Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Le_Chaim

How long should the IB from Retin-A Micro (0.1%) last?

I started using Retin-A Micro 0.1% gel a little over 3 weeks ago. (I had used this before several years ago and gotten great results for about 3months before I started breaking out again with no change in my routine...I'm hoping it will work for good this time.) Now in week 4 I've got about 12 large pimples (maybe one cyst, the rest large papules/pustules). I knew that an initial breakout was to be expected, but should it be of this severity/continuing for this long? I had previously been using Dr. Neal's Acne Bootcamp products, but they dried my skin super badly (and "Dr. Neal" was adamant about not using any moisturizers unless I was completely clear) so I switched to retinoids. I started using a benzoyl peroxide-ethromycin topical gel in the mornings, beginning in week three in hopes of counteracting any inflammatory breakouts.

Basically I want to know how to tell if this breakout is the IB (and if it is, when should it end??), or if it's a sign that Retin-A Micro is not going to work for me?

Thanks so much for your help!