Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
raspberryheaven

Changed BCP-breakout

I was on Yaz for along time, and while it helped my skin a lot it didn't clear me up completely. So, my doctor put me on TriNessa instead and while I am still on the first month of this new BCP, I am breaking out worse than ever.

Should I request to go back on Yaz, or is this just an initial breakout? Are initial breakouts expected when you change BCP?

Thank you a lot!

I was on Yaz for along time, and while it helped my skin a lot it didn't clear me up completely. So, my doctor put me on TriNessa instead and while I am still on the first month of this new BCP, I am breaking out worse than ever.

Should I request to go back on Yaz, or is this just an initial breakout? Are initial breakouts expected when you change BCP?

Thank you a lot!

This happens to a lot of people, including myself. I used a 2% BHA to clear my skin up again, and also went BACK to my old birth control. My skin ended up clearing up again, but becoming more "acne prone" than before. I recently decided to stop birth control altogether because it was messing with my body. But that's another story!

Thank you a lot!

This happens to a lot of people, including myself. I used a 2% BHA to clear my skin up again, and also went BACK to my old birth control. My skin ended up clearing up again, but becoming more "acne prone" than before. I recently decided to stop birth control altogether because it was messing with my body. But that's another story!

I called my doctor about it today, and she told me that I should just stick to this new BCP (Trinessa) for now instead of going back to Yaz. So I'm torn as to what to do. :/ She did prescribe me some Spironolactone though, so maybe that will help with the breakouts.